Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSO mag extension reccomendations

NOSHMJ

Agree with all that has been posted. I run Grams + CZC bases. Had MBX been available when I got mine, I would have gone that route instead. Probably will go MBX when I need to replace existing mags or get more.

Edited by moose97

I shoot a TS2 .40 and use CZC basepads with the stock spring and follower and get 20 reloadable.  I was told this was a mistake, but they have been reliable.  I have two mags with Grams springs and followers and haven’t been able to squeeze 21 into them yet.  So far, the Grams guts offer no advantage.  I also tried an MBX and haven’t gotten 21 in it yet. 

Edited by deerslayer

On 9/23/2023 at 11:25 PM, NOSHMJ said:

As the title states... what mag extensions for the TSO 20 rd mags??

CZC extensions and Grams springs / followers. I've put together 20+ mags of that combination that run both 40 and 9 in the same mag. They are easy to take apart for cleaning and they've been stupid reliable. 

There are specific 9 and 40 followers so obviously get the ones for your use case. 

I tried the Springer 170 extensions, did not have good luck, sent it to Springer, they were super nice but couldn't make it work.  Refunded me and sent me a 140 extension, that has worked well.  I use the 28 round mags, they need to be tuned but work well afterwards - obviously not an answer to your 20 rd mag question though.  If I had it to do over again, I would buy MBX and be done with it, they seem to work in friends guns and they swear by them. 

Good luck.