Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Dawson Practical Advantage

DJPoLo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! That looks fantastic! I just put in my order for a Practical Advantage a few weeks ago, and I'm already getting impatient. How does it shoot?

I could not be happier. The gun is so accurate that it's scary. The Dawson guns that I own are hands down the finest handguns that I have ever shot. I am truly proud to own them. :wub:

-Chet

There's a lot of folks around CenTX shooting Dawson guns... and Dave seems to have plenty of work to do, so I wouldn't say they're overlooked... :) Perhaps not as popular on this forum as others, but there's a bunch of 'em out there....

+1 on XRe's comment.

Dave does great work! - Did you hear that Dawson? Now please finish my single stack project... :lol:

Singlestack? What the? He's building you a singlestack?

Drats, I wish he'd build me one. I agree wholeheartedly, Dave builds some great stuff.

See here.

Dawson Limited guns

Edited by GeneralChang

+1 on XRe's comment.

Dave does great work! - Did you hear that Dawson? Now please finish my single stack project... :lol:

Singlestack? What the? He's building you a singlestack?

Drats, I wish he'd build me one. I agree wholeheartedly, Dave builds some great stuff.

See here.

Dawson Limited guns

Those are pretty nice Sheldon. Wish I had one of his custom guns. You should sell me one of those.. :lol:

The single stack isn't a full blown custom job...just enough to get me in the SSD game. ;)

I'm sure when Dave sees my post it will be Christmas 2015 when I get it too... :lol::lol:

.. except with a much more cushioned hit at the back end...

.. and the option to remove them and change them at a whim.

Shred, I am shooting one of Dave's mini gun Stroker II's with no shock buff.... what combination of buff/spring are you using and ...do you notice a huge amount of difference with the buff vs without? While I am throwing questions out there......how much of a "feel" difference between a 7 pound and 9 pound spring do you think there is?

and yes....almost 40,000 rounds through this gun and it shoots amazing....have known Dave since his old Florida days and he does amazing work...LOVE this gun!

WES

Shred, I am shooting one of Dave's mini gun Stroker II's with no shock buff.... what combination of buff/spring are you using and ...do you notice a huge amount of difference with the buff vs without? While I am throwing questions out there......how much of a "feel" difference between a 7 pound and 9 pound spring do you think there is?

and yes....almost 40,000 rounds through this gun and it shoots amazing....have known Dave since his old Florida days and he does amazing work...LOVE this gun!

WES

Right now I'm running a .090 Red Buff with a .100 Alumabuff over it. Springs usually in the 8-9 lb range so I can run steel loads or IPSC loads without changing anything but the distance brass comes out. I like the AL+rubber buff setup since it cuts the slam and lasts forever.

WES

Right now I'm running a .090 Red Buff with a .100 Alumabuff over it. Springs usually in the 8-9 lb range so I can run steel loads or IPSC loads without changing anything but the distance brass comes out. I like the AL+rubber buff setup since it cuts the slam and lasts forever.

Thanks for the info Shred...I did a search and could not come up for an online source for these two buffs, can you point me to an ordering link? Thanks... WES

The .090 Red Buffs are no longer made to my knowledge. I have a small stash, but will have to switch to something else when that runs out.

I've got some. Had I known they were in limited supply I would have used something else to fix my Mother's coffee maker. :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

Razz,

My name is Mike Thomas and I have 2 of Dave's Practical Advantage limited guns. I bought both of them about one year ago, trading in my Para P-16 ltd's. I have to tell you, the guns are amazing..Extremely accurate, and very reliable. Pending you have the right mags, these guns are sick reliable and accurate!!!! They are the best thing going in limited guns...period - in my opinion. If you get one, you will not be disappointed. To quote Sheldon Carrouth (I think), "the guns are rather boring.....They go bang every time you pull the trigger, eat anything you feed them, and deposit all the bullets in one nice little ragged hole"!!!

Good Luck!

DVC

Mike Thomas

Hey Sheldon,

Yea - The Dawson guns are doing great. The only problems I ever had with them were magazine related - not the gun(s). Once I bought the Grams guts for the tubes, the feeding issue went away. The guns run like well oiled machines. I have a good friend that shoots with me here in the Middle TN area and he is about to call Paul at Dawson to place his order for one.

Dave D knows what he's doing.......

Mike Thomas