Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Accurate Is Your 9mm Glock

shadetree

My dept switched from the G17 to the G22 when it came out, the thinking of bigger is better and all leather still fits.

We had numerous problems with the G22 with extractors chipping, ejectors breaking, FTF/FTE. They were ammo sensitive too.

We were not the only ones having problems.

The MO State HP Troopers Union sent a letter to their Commander stating that the excessive number of failures with their issue G22 was a major concern for them and needed immediate attention.

It took a while, but Glock finally made enough design changes and sent enough new parts to change out the problem parts and get the guns running properly.

The Troopers ended up switching out to newer G22 models and have stayed with the G22 since. Our Dept ended up going back to the G17. Although the very first G17s in the mid-late 80s when we first switched from revolvers had some minor issues, the later models were quite trustworthy.

I hope Im not jinxing myself here, but I have shot God only knows how many rounds out of my 34 and 17 and I can't remember the last time I had ANY kind of malfunction. I havent shot my 22/35/24 as much, but will start to very shortly. Im getting a 24 tuned the way I want it and will shoot it side by side against the 35 to see which I like better.

Hope the reliability is the same.