Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6" Glock 24

shadetree

I was nosing around a local gun shop the other day when I saw something pretty cool, a pair of 6"glock 24's. According to the sign these are a limited factory product. Only 500 were imported. They are cool looking guns for If I remember corectly 799 each or 1499 for the pair. They have consecutive serial no's. They might make an inteesting matched pair. Maybe turn one into a ltd gun and on oppen.

I was nosing around a local gun shop the other day when I saw something pretty cool, a pair of 6"glock 24's. According to the sign these are a limited factory product. Only 500 were imported. They are cool looking guns for If I remember corectly 799 each or 1499 for the pair. They have consecutive serial no's. They might make an inteesting matched pair. Maybe turn one into a ltd gun and on oppen.

Shade tree,

I personaly shoot a custom 24 with a heavy slide and I love it. have won a lot of lim10 matches with it and recently tried out limited with it with a second place finish

as far as open goes look to the 17 to answer your needs

Johnnie

I also shoot a G24, however I took a big chew and shoot mine in OPEN. Yes John Nagle (aka Mad Scientist) is a wiz with the Glock. If I had the money to build another OPEN GLock it would be a G34 in Maj.9 and I would have either John or Tom Novak build it.

I have come very close to winning my class in some matches with my .40 Glock shootin against STI's with 28 rd. mags. The only difference is 3 or 4 mag changes in a whole match. (and maybe the overall weight of the gun when loaded)

I think $799 is a little high or even $750 each for both is high. I have two 24 I bought this year (at separate times and separate serial numbers), but I bought mine for $650 and $660 out the door. I knew they were a limited production run, but I didnt know there was only 500. Well I have two of the them and my brother in law also bought two this year.

One I plan on keeping completely stock, NIB, and not ever shooting and keeping as a collection piece. The other has already been shot and will be getting tuned/customized and tried out in Limited.

The 24 is a tack driver, that for sure. I have shot damn good groups with it. I shot a match last month and afterward, we shoot a Lumberjack shootoff. The shootoff is basically a wooden stick 1"-1.5" wide and from about 10 yards, you have to cut the stick in half and whoever does it first wins. Well, the 24 cuts sticks in half alright, quickly.

The only thing Ive done to it is give it a trigger job, with the same modifications the way Vanek does, and it feels very close, but a lot of WORK, let me tell you. Ive also put Sevigny sights and a brass Seattle Slug (had it laying around) on it and thats all.

BTW, praises to Charlie for the work done to the triggers so quickly. It took me a few days to get it right and that was one gun.

The only thing Ive done to it is give it a trigger job, with the same modifications the way Vanek does, and it feels very close, but a lot of WORK, let me tell you.

Do you care to enlighten us as to what work you have done to the trigger? :) I am also unable to afford such lofty expert gunwork! Thanks in advance.

Glock imported a good number of 17L, 24 and 24C in 2005. This was the first batch in several years. Since the 34/35 models the 6" slide guns have become a limited production item.

Shop around, that number is a bit high. There are 24's still on wholesalers shelves (at least mine anyway).

My local retailer has one on the shelf also. For $699.99 :o I would like to try one out as well, it would round out the .40 collection nicely, but just can't justify buying a stock glock for $700! <_<

Edited by Rocket35

The only thing Ive done to it is give it a trigger job, with the same modifications the way Vanek does, and it feels very close, but a lot of WORK, let me tell you.

Do you care to enlighten us as to what work you have done to the trigger? :) I am also unable to afford such lofty expert gunwork! Thanks in advance.

The normal polishing, lightening of springs (at least what I did) rounding of the plunger, Re-drill the cruciform sear plate hole (where trigger spring attaches) and re-drilling of trigger/where it pivots on trigger and trigger bar. Hard to describe where to re-drill it, but you have to drill in "blind" on the other side of the trigger and re-position where the trigger pivots on the trigger bar.

I cant say for sure that this is what Vanek does, but it is only what Ive been told what he does. I tried it and it feels a lot like Charlie's, but I ruined 4 trigger bars, 1 plunger and a lot of tuning before getting it right. A lot of work. Plus, I had to order Charlie's trigger/ejector housing with the set screws for pre/over travel to get it to work properly.

If cost is a factor for you, you might want to look at Ralph Sotelo's trigger kit at triggerkit.com. Ralph does a great job for a damn good price. The trigger is nice, but just different from Charlie's.

Rocket 35 - Check Ordnanceoutsellers.com. They are selling G24 for around $560.00. I also shoot a 24 that John Nagel built for me and it is a accurate soft shooting limited gun. I can't say enough good things about it. The six inch barrel is a great way to go.

I bought the G24 some years ago (before finger groves) I put Wilson fixed sights on it. I shot it a little then put it away. I bought a 6" 9 mm bbl. for it and brought it out of moth balls. I would like to have the trigger reworked and the grip reduced or something. The only grip reduction I have seen looked like crud.

I am using it in 9/40 and have been enjoying it. It just needs work.

Thanks, Buddy

Buddy,

A quick, easy and inexpensive trigger job can be had through Ralph Sotelo (forum member) for about $50 or $65 w/ a 3.5lb connector. Nice trigger for great price. Also, Charlie Vanek does a nice trigger for a little more money and you have to send it out to him, but he hand fits the parts and you'll have it back in about 2 days. Charlie and Ralph are very nice guys that will help with anything they can. You can't go wrong.