Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holosun Advice

sunrise

I have the HE507K-GR X2 and love it.  First time I was one, I said what is that giant circle?  It's a 32moa dot with a 2moa dot in the middle.  For me, It's very fast to pick up from the draw.  Not to mention the solar power option which is always a plus.

Primary Arms offers a model with a Chevron(which I hate) and a large outer ring that will help you get on target if your presentation isn't perfect. 

I would suggest the EPS or EPS carry though, as they have a shorter deck height(which allows a more natural presentation), or any of the "k" suffixed optics. I prefer the 6 MOA option on these, as the circle dot takes up so much of the window it can be visibly noisy.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are set/stuck with a k sized footprint. There’s really no reason not to get the EPS (either variant). I wouldn’t necessarily run out to replace every 507/407k I had, but I wouldn’t buy a new one. The enclosed nature of the sight honestly to me doesn’t matter for the rain as much as it does the ability to keep stuff out of the optic itself and clean your glass when needed.