Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield Prodigy 4.25" USPSA holster?

JPMT

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has found a good holster to fit the 4.25" version of the Prodigy DS? I tried the DA PDR-Pro II and Racer-X in their STI pattern and they did not fit. The PDR Pro was loose and the racer-x would not fit at all. Surely there must be a bunch of folks planning to run the Prodigy in LO, so, what holsters are ya'll using?? I'd prefer a race holster

Comptac makes one. Technically for the 5-in gun but it fits the four and a  quarter just fine. If the extra length bothers you, you could always trim it down

17 hours ago, shred said:

I'm using a Safariland 015 with my Prodigy.

Maybe I'm dumb but I cant find the 015 on their website. It looks great but do they even make that anymore? EDIT: Nvm they are discontinued.

The flex looks awesome but $280, yikes!!

Edited by JPMT

6 hours ago, JPMT said:

Maybe I'm dumb but I cant find the 015 on their website. It looks great but do they even make that anymore? EDIT: Nvm they are discontinued.

Yeah, they are a great holster that nobody used.  Available in left handed too.  I really like the locking setup over most of the others out there.

I have a Black Scorpion race holster that's worked great with Prodigy grip.  I just picked up an Everglades holster because the Cheely  grip was binding up in the Black Scorpion .  

On 7/14/2023 at 11:19 AM, Timido said:

I have a Black Scorpion race holster that's worked great with Prodigy grip.  I just picked up an Everglades holster because the Cheely  grip was binding up in the Black Scorpion .  

Was it this one?

2011 Pro Heavy Duty Competition Speed Holster w/ Magnets – Black Scorpion Outdoor Gear, LLC (blackscorpiongear.com)

I used the STI insert and it took about five minutes with a file to get it to fit. Figured it was easy enough to replace the trigger block if it didn't work and I have open and limited guns that the holster could be used for as a fall back.

I took the side off the holster, aligned the trigger block with the gun, scribed a line and hand filed until if fit correctly.