Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rival-S Dark Side Vs. Chrome

Ontarget

Get the color you like. I don’t know if there is any particular advantages to one or the other. I suppose the chrome could wear better than the Dark Side, though I’m not seeing any appreciable wear on my dark side after a couple thousand rounds. As for the grip, they feel the same to me. That said, I plan on dressing them up with some grip tape, and am open to messing around with any aftermarket grip options if/when they come available.

I’ve got one of each now. They’re the same pretty much. The chrome feels a little smoother but my black only has 200 rounds on it compared to 3000. The black is larger and does not fit properly into my modified holster. 

• 2 weeks later...

Someone just posted that there's a size difference. Choose wisely. 

On 6/17/2023 at 11:00 AM, TheChef1 said:

Canik does it again… got a new rival S Darkside and it doesn’t draw well from the holster I already modified for the chrome. So the chrome was bigger than my polymers and the Darkside is bigger than the chrome. https://imgur.com/a/adBvKJ6

Edited by telligentgunner

On 6/13/2023 at 9:18 AM, Racinready300ex said:

Get both, then swap the top ends for the best look. 

I actually can’t swap the slides on mine. The chrome slide goes onto the black gun but not vice versa. It’s very strange 

14 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

I think they've been tweaking them so it's likely you've got two different versions. 

Hope that's correct. The gun has so much potential if it can be made 100% reliable. Currently shooting the polymer while I wait patiently for parts...

11 hours ago, Slow250 said:

Hope that's correct. The gun has so much potential if it can be made 100% reliable. Currently shooting the polymer while I wait patiently for parts...

After a “break In period” with both guns they have been reliable. They’re super stiff for the first few hundred rounds and that causes some issues but they loosened up and got reliable for me. My black one only has one match on it but it was 100% the chrome has probably close to 10 matches and has had very very few issues. The chrome is starting to get super smooth and worked in. It’s a great gun I have no regrets. 

On 7/3/2023 at 2:34 PM, Frankl03 said:

Have the polymer Rival Dark Side now, great gun! Saving up to get the Rival S. I'm leaning towards the Chrome one.

I'd wait until the issues with the Rival-S are complete. Read other Canik threads to be informed.