Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik Rival S Guide Rod/Spring Updates

ChrisDeRouen

You could spend a lifetime tuning that rig!  Sprinco provides at most 3 combinations. I use two (my lighter ammo and heavier ammo, with some tolerance if you only use either spring across all ammo), controlled by changing the main recoil spring. Good luck understanding the nuances of 8 different settings! 😵‍💫

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would appear that Canik may have lightened the recoil spring. My Steel version cycles my bunny fart loads just fine. 2.6 gr of WST with a 160 gr painted bullet. The sights don't move. May try a red dot again. Guessing mine is a late production as I just got it.

Edited by Joe D

Shot it some more today. I runs the 13# ISMI spring on a Glock guide rod perfectly. The slide will move just a touch while pulling the trigger if I hold the muzzle straight up. I do have a 15# ISMI spring on the way that I will try. 

I added a small nylon spacer to the rear of the spring. Fit perfectly on the ISMI guide rod. Slide does not move now. 13# ISMI is the way to go for me.

• 4 months later...

I have the rune tactical guide rod and I’ve been using the 15lb spring and their 6.5lb striker spring, I haven’t had any issues shooting Blazer 124 grain. I want to try some competition loads but this thread is making me a bit hesitant. I also have noticed the rune tactical guide rod is very scratched up as well. I don’t know that I’d recommend their product, maybe it’s normal but I prefer a smooth guide rod. If you could find the factory “blue” captured guide rod I think that would be the sweet spot but it’s always out of stock.