Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pro Diamond Scope Mounting

abbott

Burris high mount Zee rings were recomended to me for mounting my PD scope. Are there any other options? I"d like to do this right the first time. My application is an AR15 flattop.I"ve seen bases that lift it off the picatinny, I would appreciate any input.Thanx to those who have already helped!

RRA makes top notch, high-quality stuff and I am sure their riser is no exception.

I used a brandless riser from Tapco that cost $20 and a set of high steel rings - Weaver steel rings - in mounting a Weaver Classic 1-3x20. Puts the scope about as high as the carryhandle peep. Here is a download from the last indoor (select "free" - then wait the 20 seconds & hit download)

http://rapidshare.de/files/8421083/Doug_J._.wmv.html

If money is not a problem, the Larue scope mount is fully adjustable for QD, and it holds its zero after a quick detach. Its $200 to $250 (maybe a little less if you shop around for a used one).

Edited by Carlos

You know the old adage "Speed is money son, how fast you wanna go?"

I picked up a pair of Leupold see through rings at wall mart for $16 which turned out to be absolutely perfect. I have let 4-5 buddies shoot my gun and the height has seemed to be usable for everyone. Last season it saw RM3G, US 3G Nationals, and Area 1 3G and proved plenty durable.

If you want to go a little more spendy I know the Armalite and RRA one piece mounts work pretty well.

Now for the ultra deluxe check out Larue Tactical's SPR mount.

Good luck, Craig

• 1 month later...

I just ordered my Pro Diamond and am trying to decide how I am going to mount it. I already have a Larue SPR mount from my GAP AR10 and really like it. But I think that there is something inherently wrong with mounting a $50 scope in a $250 dollar scope mount. I think that I will go with the Luppy see through. We'll see what Wally World has this weekend.

I mounted my scope this morning using Luppy see-thru rings. I have been playing with it today and like the height and scope is relatively smooth and fast in CQB distances. It isn't as fast as my EOTech but I think that it will be made up for in the distance shots. It also helps me make better use of the rifles accuracy level.

post-4419-1138502399_thumb.jpg