Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First idpa match. Shadow 2

jeremy kemlo

My shadow 2 is set up for carry optics in USPSA. Slide was cut by cz custom for their optics plate and I run an sro. The slide was also cut by cz custom when you needed to make weight for USPSA. Single slot cut on top of the slide behind the front sight. Lok Light weight palm swell grips. Can’t use my USPSA mags but can I use stock mags with slightly bigger base pads. Adds know rounds. 

20 minutes ago, jeremy kemlo said:

Will this work in any of the categories ?

Not certain what you mean by "category."  If you mean Division, it will only be suitable in the Carry Optic Division IF it:

1.  Fits in the Carry Optics box (not certain how large your referenced "slightly bigger" base pads might be)

2.  Meets the division weight requirement (and it should, based on your description).

27 minutes ago, jeremy kemlo said:

Will this work in any of the categories ?

How much did it weigh after you had it milled?

It needs to be a max of 45 ounces.

And it has to fit in the box.

Edited to add: @45 Ravenbeat me to it.

Edited by ddc

I

5 minutes ago, 45 Raven said:

Not certain what you mean by "category."  If you mean Division, it will only be suitable in the Carry Optic Division IF it:

1.  Fits in the Carry Optics box (not certain how large your referenced "slightly bigger" base pads might be)

2.  Meets the division weight requirement (and it should, based on your description).

I should be good for weight. 
I can use factory base pads if others are too big. 
just need some new mag pouches and holster. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have a shadow 2 orange for idpa co.  It has a primary machine slide, DPP, and a plastic guide rod, stock mags and baseplate.  No magwell, stock grips and it is right at 44.9 on my scale.   The primary machine slide with the open windows might give you enough room to add a magwell but it would be awful close I think.