Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 SP01 Bull Shadow

lawboy

I am thinking of adding a Bull Shadow top end to my cache of options to run on my SP01 frames.  

Does anyone have one and if so, what are your thoughts on how they feel as compared to an Accushadow.

Pics would be awesome.  Thank you. 

The above is my BS which I really like and use in USPSA  CO.  This is a converted SP-01.  Very accurate and soft shooting.  A couple of negatives is the "thin" finish which started wearing off at about the second match...well maybe the third...

Another is that removing the recoil spring and barrel are a bit of a pain having to compress the spring and putting in a pin to hold it in place.  BUT overall I like it ALOT.

Overall I am glad I did it, the only CZ I might use in CO instead is if I get my A-01 cut for an optic.  It would be interesting to shoot both side by side.

Edited by Tunachaser

16 hours ago, Tunachaser said:

20230429_064907(1)-002.jpg

Tunachaser, that is a very nice pistol. Thank you for sharing it.  I have two Accushadows with DPPs on them but I am seriously considering converting an SP01 with a bull shadow top end such as you have done here.  It will be that or buying a P320 Max.  

When I had my SP01 Bull Shadow I had to run heavier grips to get the gun balanced the way I liked it, it was a very soft shooting extremely accurate gun. Kinda wish I didn’t sell it haha

Warning, I'm a weirdo/wall of text... My CZ journey started with an SP-01 that was stock, than cajunized. I then bought a accushadow the year they came out and shot it for years in production with the SP-01 as a backup. When the shadow2 came out, I believed the hype and shot it for a season and sold the accushadow. I decided I didn't care for the shadow2 grip/frame and was sad I sold the accushadow. I then bought the CTS slide on the CZ75SA frame seen below with the gen 1 accu-bushing which feels great. So I sold the shadow2. I still use the CTS for knock down steel, hence the magwell. Along the way I picked up more short dust cover frames and seemed to keep buying parts second hand mostly from Stuart. Picked up all three bullshadow slides over the last year. I am shooting CO this year with the bull shadow/rome3max and loving it. It balances and feels much better than the sp01-shadow-accu-gen2 with the RTS2 on it. The LOK brass grips are new and haven't decided if the extra weight is worth it. My plan is to sell the shadow1-accu-gen2 slide and get a bullshadow milled for another romeo 3 max. I haven't decided if I like the bullshadow over the CTS for iron sights. I should probably use the bullshadow for consistencies sake but that CTS slide is special though.

20230501_213947.thumb.jpg.9d0fbd6953611204ad4eb085596edb5e.jpg

20230501_214016.thumb.jpg.894f359860951f53d6dae29879ac49dc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 11:37 PM, lawboy said:

Haywizzle, nice collection and journey.

On 5/2/2023 at 12:28 PM, Redhemi said:

I'll say it also Haywizzle nice Bull Shadow collection. If you ever want to sell that CTS upper it would fit right in with my longslide collection.

long .jpg

Thanks fellas!

Redhemi that is a very impressive collection! I'm going to PM you.