Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is anyone using brass mag extensions on their shadow 2?

ColoradoNick

If I don't hold my shadow 2 exactly vertical magazines are very slow to drop when they're near empty. I clean the magwell out after every match and lubricate with a dry lube but it doesn't seem to matter. I'm also using nickel magazine tubes which work better for me than the black ones. It cost me a few seconds recently at a local match and it got me to thinking if anyone makes or uses brass magazine extensions that drop give it a little more weight to drop faster? Part of this is a training issue for sure as I have a bad habit of canting the gun slightly when I hit the mag release but I feel like it still sticks more than it should. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoNick said:

Is there not supposed to be any contact at all? I’m sure there’s a little… 

I believe the factory part does contact the magazine. I changed mine out and haven’t had any issues. You can try and take it out and see how it ejects the mags. CZC is what I use. 

For your information, Ben Stoeger Pro Shop sells brass mag extensions.  They also sell standard size brass base pads.  I don't use them personally, so I can't give an opinion on them.

34 minutes ago, Almo said:

For your information, Ben Stoeger Pro Shop sells brass mag extensions.  They also sell standard size brass base pads.  I don't use them personally, so I can't give an opinion on them.

Yea wondering if anyone has experience with them. I haven’t seen anyone using them locally. BSPS also won’t sell mag extensions (or springs) to a Colorado address. 🥴 I ended up ordering from Henning (also in Colorado) because of this instead. 

the TF extensions with the Allen key to take them apart seem like a PITA. I generally pull the spring and clean the tube every time I drop one outdoors here. Our ground is very Sandy and the mags lock up pretty easily. 

Edited by ColoradoNick

ColoradoNick,  remove stock mag break and polish and the bend brake to flatten to

eliminate/reduce pressure on mags. Test before complete reassembly. It is a trial and error process. I think I got it right on 1st or 2nd try on an SP01 with same issue.