Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Know You're A Shooter When....

standles

When You and your girlfriend/going to be wife talk about building a house she tells you that you can have a whole basement or gun room if she gets a big bathroom with room for 2 in everything.

when you havent moved out yet (college kids) and your room doubles as a bedroom, reloading room, and computer room in one place.

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you havent moved out yet (college kids) and your room doubles as a bedroom, reloading room, and computer room in one place.

hahah, I am most certainly guilty of that! My mom sorta flipped her lid when she realized what I was doing. College years are through, and now I have a house with a garage that has never seen a car ;) oh wait, might as well add that:

when your two car garage has never seen a single car parked inside it, yet has seen over 10k rounds made within its walls (so far).

Edited by nitrohuck

When you are deciding on which apartment to buy and the fact that one is number 308 is a significant deciding factor

:D

In movies, I always notice house or apartment numbers that are calibers.

I ended up buying the one numbered 308 :D so it worked out perfectly lol

When you are deciding on which apartment to buy and the fact that one is number 308 is a significant deciding factor

:D

In movies, I always notice house or apartment numbers that are calibers.

I ended up buying the one numbered 308 :D so it worked out perfectly lol

I picked a Google Voice ph# based 100% on the fact that it is 3 calibers.

Edited by jhgtyre
to add that HAVING a google voice number makes you a whole other kind of nerd beyond just being a shooting nerd.

When you count the number of firings (in a movie or TV drama) to see if they're faking a gun's logical magazine capacity . . .

When you count the number of obvious shooting mistakes I.E. glocks clicking empty repeatedly, going from slide lock to bang in an camera angle change... LOL

Edited by george76904

You know you are a old shooter when you spend hours on auction sites looking for stuff you once had so you can buy it back for 3 or 4 times what you sold it for years ago.------------------Larry

Larry,

I ain't that old and am doing that already!

For Siggy: After shoulder reconstruction surgery, you shoot and RO 3 SASS Matches while still in the sling and brace. BTW, all long guns were shot from the hip until the surgeon cleared me.

Modoc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Twenty-one years ago my wife and i bought our first home. We had an alarm system installed. The keypad had the word Magnum printed on it. I believe that was the model of keypad. My wife let me pick the three digit code. A friend of hers came to visit. She looked at the keypad and asked my wife who picked the code. My wife admitted that I had. The friend immediately guessed the code. Yes, it was 357!

Ha, yes. I scheduled my first hip replacement surgery date to coincide with the END of several weeks of a fall shooting league.

Sig Lady- first hip replacement surgery? I expected that of me, but not of you. I guess I thought that I was the only one getting more "seasoned".

Ha, I'm beyond "seasoned." Then there was the second hip replacement--then the shoulder replacement. Moreover, when they cremate me they'll be able to sell the leftover parts for metal salvage and my heirs will get a rebate on the cost of cremation. Maybe. :D