Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to grip mag feed shotgun with a heavy mag

Where do you put your off hand on a shotgun with a heavy mag?

I found moving my hand back to balance point (front of magwell) reduces the wobble around the bore during fast transitions. However, I'm used to gripping rifles a lot closer to the muzzle. Time wise I can't see much of a difference dry firing, but visually everything seems smoother. 

I grip it pretty much the same way I do a rifle or PCC.  I have my hand out there towards the end of the rail, thumb over the top and index finger pointed towards the target, but don't have arm completely straight with elbow locked like I see some do.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 8:22 PM, AKJD said:

I grip it pretty much the same way I do a rifle or PCC.  I have my hand out there towards the end of the rail, thumb over the top and index finger pointed towards the target, but don't have arm completely straight with elbow locked like I see some do.  

I grip it the exact same way. One thing I do that tends to help with the wobble is pulling the gun in tighter into my shoulder with my off hand. Get it in there nice and tight and it should be better. Hope this helps.