Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thoughts on sig p320 spectre

love2fishnshoot

I like it but Im not sure its worth sacrificing spring options for 10% less flip. Also any competition, this will throw you up to open where it wont compete. Also may be harder to strip to clean. I have a 320 with a PMM full comp on a compact slide and axg grip. That gun is worth the losses because I get a lot less flip basically "perfect zero". 

I have to agree with the above comment. The PMM comp is pretty nice and not as expensive if you already have a 320 you want to throw it on. Even if you bought a new gun and the barrel/comp kit, I believe it’ll still be less overall. 

Just an FYI for you guys, Armory craft makes a guide rod and spring kit that works really well with them.

I have a pair of spectre comps I run in an outlaw league. I shoot both, one with irons one with a dot and they are superbly accurate and flat shooting. I run mine with 130 PF loads and the 11lb armory craft and guide rod. It’s really like cheating with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one. There is an initial break in period with these to be able to run 115gr in it. A lot of people have reported the gun stove piping at first with the 115gr. I ran 250 rounds of 124gr FMJ and 250 rounds of 147gr FMJ through it right of the bat and haven’t even had one issue with it. Fun gun for sure. 

Traded a P365 XMacro that was too small for my hands to shoot well with for a Specter Comp. For carry I use a P320 frame, and it's a very sweet gun for that purpose. Haven't considered competing with it though. It runs fine with the 115 grain factory ammo available to me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 10:57 AM, Blaize said:

Just an FYI for you guys, Armory craft makes a guide rod and spring kit that works really well with them.

I have a pair of spectre comps I run in an outlaw league. I shoot both, one with irons one with a dot and they are superbly accurate and flat shooting. I run mine with 130 PF loads and the 11lb armory craft and guide rod. It’s really like cheating with them.

which guide rod did you order?

Picked up my P320 Spectre Comp a couple days ago. Installed a DPP yesterday. 

Pretty cold here today with a little rain snow mix, but decided to zero the DPP. Amazingly the DPP needed no adjusting and shot point of aim. That's the good thing!

First 15 shots were 115 gr Blazer Brass, I had to rack the slide to eject all of these. Slide didn't move enough to even stove pipe. Next 15 were 124gr and these stove piped for the first several rounds then got better, last 4 fired as they should. That was all the 124's I had with so it was back to the 115's and by the end of 50 rounds it was finally stating to let me shoot a couple in a row.

Called sig when I got home because I really think maybe I got a bad recoil spring setup. Sig says they have a 300 round break-in procedure and I can send it in afterwards if I'm still having problems. 

Anyway I really like how this gun shoots and feels in my hands so I think I am going to order the Armory Craft recoil spring kit and call it a day, unless anyone has other suggestions. 

Theirs a steel match tomorrow so I am going to go and shoot 124's and see how she does. 

• 9 months later...

bought one a while back

round count: +/-20K

Issues: None

Primary ammo used: primarily 124gr target 1150fps, occasionally 115gr target , 147gr target, various defensive ammo

Accessories: Trijicon SRO, Greyguns trigger work, TLR1 flashlight

Brief results:

Positives: Have really enjoyed this gun. Accuracy is great, comp does work but it is not the flattest comped gun I have shot. Ergos are spot on, SPR(Smiles per Round) are high. Finish is great and seem very durable. Weight distribution is good but this gun is a tungsten infused grip and you absolutely notice the additional weight. Cleaning is very easy, same as a normal P320, if oyu need to take off compensator a simple unscrewing of the screws allows a good compensator soak/scrub. Putting the comp back on is just as easy since its times from the factory. I have not had issues with the comp coming loose during extended firing. Magwell is relatively large, weighted, and fit to the inner grip is good to go.

If you already own a full size 320, and want to just swap to your old P320, its as easy as taking off the upper and putting it on your polymer p320 lower. Now you have a comped but lighter P320.

I have shot 115gr, had no issues but initial 1K break in was done with 124g

Negatives: Although this pistol will put you in open class due to comp, it will not compare to a full open class gun. Have I used it in open...yeap, just to mix things up and utilize my instructor gear in a competition setting. Weight is definitely a factor if you just want to use this in tactical/field gun. My only major gripe would be the price and OEM trigger. 

The price point they put the Specter Comp in, should have a better trigger from the factory. This is an expensive range gun and  it should have come from the factory with a few stone swipes/polishing, and possible 1-2lbs taken off from Sig,

Dont be fooled by the gold FCU/trigger internals.

t’s a standard FCU with a Ti-N coated frame and Ti-N coated flat-faced trigger nothing more, nothing less

Over all:

I absolutely enjoy this gun, the extra weight reduces recoil, combined with the minimalist aspect of the comp, it is easier to shoot. Shorter barrel/slide with a comp from the factory, makes it fall into the full size P320/X5 length. I have not fidgeted with new uncaptured recoil springs but I do feel like from the factory, its 2-3lbs over-sprung. It is built like a tank and has performed well for me after a high round count. Where would I categorize this gun? Fun gun, semi tactical. I use it as my primary for instructing classes along with a stock P320, G17. Do I have buyer's remorse? NOPE!

Newer from Sig:

They now allow you to purchase the complete upper as a stand alone piece. If you already have a P320 full size, just buy the upper, and now you have a comped OEM build at a lower price than the full Specter Comp gun

YMMV

Edited by buckyjames1

I have a P320 Spectre Comp Blackout I hav been using in IDPA CO Division.  I had the trigger done by The Sig Armorer and I mounted a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro 6 MOA optic on it. I also added an Armory Craft extended mag release. 

I have shot 124 grain ammo exclusively and have had zero issues with functionality.  Accuracy is excellent.

I personally don't think the "comp" does much to reduce recoil when compared to other non-comped pistols of comparable weight.  In any event, I really like except it's a PITA to clean it with the comp on it.