Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How To: Reload into Position

StefVanHauwe

Nice video that shows progression of movement. One thing that would be interesting to see or document is an actual run at the range and comparing three types of reload other than standing reload: reload into position, reload while leaving the position and reload during the run. Timer is the best way to make the point and quantify the differences. 

2 hours ago, IVC said:

Nice video that shows progression of movement. One thing that would be interesting to see or document is an actual run at the range and comparing three types of reload other than standing reload: reload into position, reload while leaving the position and reload during the run. Timer is the best way to make the point and quantify the differences. 

Thanks, I use the technique in my training and L1 match videos. As always good to try, train and test for yourself. It also needs to feel good to you 🙂 

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2023 at 7:42 PM, IVC said:

Which is best, would likely depend on the direction and distance of the movement.

For example, shooting right handed, it would be very awkward for me to reload while leaving or running to the left, or retreating straight back.

• 3 months later...