Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rival S holster fitment

TheChef1

On 5/3/2023 at 9:35 AM, Seoderus said:

I’m thinking about picking up a used polymer rival, it does not come with the factory holster.

Hoping to test the pistol some before investing in gear… Anybody have experience if it will fit in a comptac Glock 34 holster? Or a Glock with light holster? 

i’ve use the Glock with X300 holster for a number of non-Glock pistols, but they don’t all fit. If anybody has holsters laying around and can test, I would appreciate it.

A guy on here that goes by bigtimeLarry said he’s been using his Glock 34 holster with not issues. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been working with Ghost and have the latest Hydra-P for my Rival SF and it fits perfect with retention when needed......smooth draw and versatile if you need to tilt forward/back/left/right. Its pretty sturdy and excellent quality. Ive shot a few matches with it and it works well.....

20 hours ago, pumpedTSI said:

Ive been working with Ghost and have the latest Hydra-P for my Rival SF and it fits perfect with retention when needed......smooth draw and versatile if you need to tilt forward/back/left/right. Its pretty sturdy and excellent quality. Ive shot a few matches with it and it works well.....

Where did you get the updated Hydra +P? I have the regular version and it's snug but usable. Tried putting spacers in it to make the draw better.

On 5/16/2023 at 4:52 PM, WildPete said:

Where did you get the updated Hydra +P? I have the regular version and it's snug but usable. Tried putting spacers in it to make the draw better.

I got it directly from Ghost since I live near their office....call and talk to Joe.

4 hours ago, SufferInSilence said:

Anyone know if someone make a holster that takes the Align Tactical thumb test for Canik Rival?
Much needed… 

Look on their website. They list the holster makers whose holsters accommodate the Align thumb rest.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 5:01 PM, SufferInSilence said:

Anyone know if someone make a holster that takes the Align Tactical thumb test for Canik Rival?
Much needed… 

This one has a channel for a thumb rest. I have the holster but don't have the thumb rest yet. Waiting for one availabe for the Rival-S.

Edited by telligentgunner

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2023 at 11:00 AM, TheChef1 said:

Canik does it again… got a new rival S Darkside and it doesn’t draw well from the holster I already modified for the chrome. So the chrome was bigger than my polymers and the Darkside is bigger than the chrome. https://imgur.com/a/adBvKJ6

WTF? That's so odd. Glad I went for the wider Darkside.

9 hours ago, telligentgunner said:

WTF? That's so odd. Glad I went for the wider Darkside.

Yeah only thing I can think of is the paint is thicker? Also the slides don’t interchange between my two steel guns. 

On 6/27/2023 at 10:16 PM, TheChef1 said:

Yeah only thing I can think of is the paint is thicker? Also the slides don’t interchange between my two steel guns. 

They are supposed too. I've seen videos where people swapped between the black and chrome. There may have been manufacturing changes.

3 hours ago, telligentgunner said:

They are supposed too. I've seen videos where people swapped between the black and chrome. There may have been manufacturing changes.

The slides on my polymer and chrome switch but nothing seems to play nice with the black steel. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/2/2023 at 2:38 PM, OklahomaJim said:

I bought a Canik thumb rest.  This thing is huge and it works well, but I can't find a holster to fit my Rival-S Chrome with the thumb rest installed.  Has anyone found one that works?

Considering that thumb rest will put you in LO you mind as well get a race holster now. 

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a holster like this BSG one, but has a clamp/clip-type belt attachment? Their IDPA holster has it, but it has no drop. The gun sits too high.

https://www.blackscorpiongear.com/products/canik-rival-s-pro-heavy-duty-competition-holster-black

To clarify, my criteria for a holster are the following:

-holster body for the Rival-S (Dark Side)

-hanger that allows the heel of the grip to stick slightly above the belt line and an inch of spacing between the holster and belt

-belt attachment that can clamp over a 7mm thick belt

Edited by Seanzky

I just found out that IDPA rule about holster width has been removed. I think I'll go with this for IDPA and USPSA.

https://ghostholsterdirect.com/product/hydra-p-plus/

EDIT: Scratch that. It breaks this rule for IDPA... "8.5.1.10 Retention devices may be permanently removed or permanently disabled, but not temporarily disabled for a match."

Edited by Seanzky

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2023 at 9:34 PM, TheChef1 said:

Considering that thumb rest will put you in LO you mind as well get a race holster now. 

If it's an integral part of the gun (like the P320 takedown lever lever replacement) it IS legal in CO. A trigger pin is an integral part of the gun.

46 minutes ago, telligentgunner said:

If it's an integral part of the gun (like the P320 takedown lever lever replacement) it IS legal in CO. A trigger pin is an integral part of the gun.

That is not correct. The Canik Thumb rest is not a pin like the align tactical therefore is not legal for CO.

On 4/7/2023 at 2:03 PM, GJM said:

Here you go

3D625671-2694-4FA8-95C2-493BC8C5C68C.jpeg

C39BA9B9-C09C-439F-A551-7F8817409B93.jpeg

I went with this holster and I should have gone with the 5" model so the barrel wouldn't be hanging out and it would probably just fit better overall.  Just an FYI for anyone who comes across this thread.

The 4.5" works, the 5" should be perfect.