Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik Rival-S with all the goodies!

ngodwetrust21

3 hours ago, rddvet said:

I tried my coach's ammo that he loads to 1.125 and had the same issue.  A few people have said to run my ammo down to 1.10, but to be honest if 1.155 works perfectly in all of my guns there's zero reason to adjust my press down for 1 gun that I'm not super sold on anyway.  I did do a plunk test and it passed just fine. Bullet freely spun in the barrel. It does seem like some of the ammo is getting stuck on the landing part of the barrel. So eventhough the plunk is fine, the length may be getting it stuck on the land as the gun is working.  Not really sure. I will reply once I get some free time to see if the 17lbs spring fixes it. I also have an 18lbs and 20lbs spring I can try, but I suspect 17 will work.  If it doesn't then the ammo probably would have to go shorter.

One other note, I did run syntech through it as well which is flat nose whereas my loads are round nose.  The syntech is obviously shorter than my ammo and still had the same issues.

its failing becaust the throat is too small from canik

mine would run factory 115 (like  WWB, etc) fine but all my 124 reload stuff was not going in because of the throat and the bigger ogive on the bullet.  I had its throat reamed and it runs everything flawlessly now   There is a link in a thread about canik throating

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, goneracin said:

its failing becaust the throat is too small from canik

mine would run factory 115 (like  WWB, etc) fine but all my 124 reload stuff was not going in because of the throat and the bigger ogive on the bullet.  I had its throat reamed and it runs everything flawlessly now   There is a link in a thread about canik throating

Thanks. I'll look for the link.  At this point the canik isnt worth having when I have CZs I love.  I just saw one for sale and felt like trying it out.

59 minutes ago, rddvet said:

Thanks. I'll look for the link.  At this point the canik isnt worth having when I have CZs I love.  I just saw one for sale and felt like trying it out.

Patriot Defense

I used cylinder hone, but he swore them off after mine. 

Edited by goneracin

On 2/3/2023 at 3:38 PM, ngodwetrust21 said:

Finally figured out how to get the ejector assembly out. Wow that thing was in there tight!

EE81BC42-F325-43F7-8436-9E614B235A00.thumb.jpeg.39ba1002fbc0c4615b8b2a57fb3f9c56.jpeg

What did you do to get the ejector assembly out. I tried to remove mine but could not get it out.

On 4/17/2023 at 8:37 PM, hump said:

What did you do to get the ejector assembly out. I tried to remove mine but could not get it out.

You will need a set of punches. The one they include with the gun is not strong enough. Once you have a set of punches, you will need to take the grips off the gun and punch it out from underneath.

Just putting my .02 in. Whoever designed the grip panels on the S needs to be fired. The only holes that aligned out the box was the small grip. When I tried to put the medium on I couldn’t get the threads to align and ended up only getting it partially in.  Lost two screws on the first range session. Canik tells me it’s unknown how long it will take to get them in because they have to clear customs. 

also, I noticed that when using the stock magazines without the magwell, I could overinsert the magazine to the point where the slide would not release forward. It took about 1000 rounds and several manual cycles of the slide to get it not lock to the rear randomly. 

it does track really well and the weight certainly makes it easy for consistent accuracy. But there’s a lot of take up in the trigger, so I suppose I’ll look at the freedomsmith to fix that. 

overall I’m mixed on how I feel about the gun and my ability to perform with it. I wanted to love it, just not there yet. 

I had the same super annoying issue with the grips. Only the small lined up. The Large had 2/4 line up, the Medium none. Is Canik sending you more? I've been trying different recoil spring and mag setups to try to get it to feed 100%. I ended up getting a plastic after the Rival-S and it has been much easier to get consistent feeding.

My S has been 100% reliable both out of the box and with spring changes. I shoot 135pf ammo and so far have not had any issues. I installed all the grips and really like the large size. I stippled the grip to match my SFX. The trigger now breaks at 2lb 4oz. 

Screenshot_20230414_083240_Gallery.jpg

8 hours ago, Slow250 said:

I had the same super annoying issue with the grips. Only the small lined up. The Large had 2/4 line up, the Medium none. Is Canik sending you more? I've been trying different recoil spring and mag setups to try to get it to feed 100%. I ended up getting a plastic after the Rival-S and it has been much easier to get consistent feeding.

Yeah they are sending me more, that apparently are coming from Turkey. I need to inquire about the actual grips themselves because they are only getting me screws at the moment. 

8 hours ago, Slow250 said:

Also, I threw in a 15# spring and it’s been great so far. The gun tracks pretty reliably as long as I do my part. Shooting 124 factory loads- I think it’s belom? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
15 hours ago, WxGuy said:

Well done my friend!!

Thank you sir!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2FGOMjO5IR/?igsh=MXRzNWxzNGE0em5haQ==

You know you are shooting well when your squad starts talking crap to you on your last stage… They even made me flip the spinner even though it was only 2 shots on top and 2 shots on bottom for pistol. I was happy to oblige! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 9:48 AM, Thuddddddd said:

question on the glock guide rods in the rival .. are they for a 17? I'd like to put a true tungsten rod in , which is heavier than the W74 rod I ordered for the poly rival

Yes, the ones I use are for a Glock 17 that I purchased from Wolff.

On 2/9/2024 at 9:48 AM, Thuddddddd said:

question on the glock guide rods in the rival .. are they for a 17? I'd like to put a true tungsten rod in , which is heavier than the W74 rod I ordered for the poly rival

The one from Wolff won't be heavier than the W74.  The W74 guide rod is the heaviest guide rod that's Canik Specific. If you want the heaviest Glock guide rod that will work it's the Pure Tungsten from Glockstore..