Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz75 Sp01...

eerw

Decided to play in production this year..

so I picked the CZ..

Pretty much replaced the sights, action job with new hammer and some grip tape.

SP01

post-627-1134626216_thumb.jpg

Front of the gun, Front sight, Sight picture

post-627-1134626233_thumb.jpg post-627-1134626247_thumb.jpg post-627-1134626263_thumb.jpg

(note: that is a aftermarket SS FLGR..I have been playing with it and the stock delrin rod. Think I am going to stick with the factory part, as I am seeing no difference in how the gun handles.)

SP01#1 and #2

post-627-1134626280_thumb.jpg

:D:D:D

Edited by eerw

I got me one o them not long ago to play PD with too.

Despite sfinney's predictions

"CZ SP01 - unfair gun made of unobtainium that will instantly make you a GM - legal, illegal, legal, protested, legal..... where will it end"
I made a whopping 75% with mine this past weekend's classifier match. I've got one of the 5" XD's, and though the trigger can be made much nicer first-shot on that, I'm liking the SP a lot.

eerw I read some where you said the trigger seemed a shorter reach on the sp-01 then your other CZ. Does it feel different or is can you measure it. How much would you say it is. If you swapped to the silver trigger would this change it. I used Faustulus's CZ85 combat with the silver trigger and the thing I liked a lot was the reach was longer then and fit me better. Im looking at a sp-01 of course hope it fits as well. Thanks

Wish I could measure it..but I don't have my 75b anymore..

I know the frames are different and that is a factor..

Matt might be able to measure as he has both..

but the combination of trigger and frame..makes about a difference on where my trigger finger contacts it.

You guys dont find the gun too nose heavy? I shoot a 75B, and one of the guys I shoot with picked up a SP-01 recently and I got to play with it. It felt very front heavy to me and I kept on over swinging my transitions. I'm sure I could learn to compensate, but really I think I'm going to be switching to a lighter gun (something plastic) rather then a heavier one.

Hey Vlad..

you definitely notice the difference when you switch from a lighter gun the heft of the SP01.

I think I am shootng it pretty well though...I shot a G34 for awhile with Dawson sights and a Vanek trigger..and I am shooting this gun much better and more steadily...my last few classifier scores are pretty decent..and truthfully I am getting less practice time in..

of all the guns I looked at..for me..this gun offered a frame that fits my hand best..points best..a low bore axis, allows me easier reloads, and a trigger that is pretty easy to manage..

For me this gun fit all the criteria that I was looking for..

I think its the gun to have...but when I go to a major and get my butt handed to me..who knows... :D

that's why production is so cool...a lot of choices for shooters to work with..not just one dominant gun..

Yes the silver, older style trigger can be had in the SP-01 to make the reach a little longer. Thats what I do on mine. If someone needs the old style trigger in, I can make that happen when ordering the gun.

Oh, and the difference is about 3/16". Sounds like its not much, but it is quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
The black serrated front sight looks a lot taller then the FO sight, or just look taller because of no FO dot?

I think it looks taller, because it is not as long as the FO front sight..

also..it comes with a smooth face..I just serrate it, because I like that..

• 4 weeks later...
Yes the silver, older style trigger can be had in the SP-01 to make the reach a little longer. Thats what I do on mine. If someone needs the old style trigger in, I can make that happen when ordering the gun.

Oh, and the difference is about 3/16". Sounds like its not much, but it is quite a bit.

Hi Matthew, please what is the most important when I want have so nice smooth trigger job on my SP01. Does is hammer so important?

Thanks Lukipsc