Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BUL SAS II UR Disassembly - help with grip removal

fpf

Hi I’m hoping someone can help me with me a problem removing my original grips from the frame of my BUL SAS II UR. All screws are out as well as the magwell. It’s definitely loose but looks like it is hanging up on the grip screw bushing which I understand is not removable because it’s part of the frame.

Any help would be immensely appreciated. 

Paul

7 hours ago, fpf said:

Hi I’m hoping someone can help me with me a problem removing my original grips from the frame of my BUL SAS II UR. All screws are out as well as the magwell. It’s definitely loose but looks like it is hanging up on the grip screw bushing which I understand is not removable because it’s part of the frame.

Any help would be immensely appreciated. 

Paul

U need to pry grip out around bushing. Grip will give a little. When u install back, it will snap in.

Edited by Murzikrv

Got them off this morning more or less as you described. Thanks to all those who pitched in.  

As an aside, the grips are truly my least favorite part of this otherwise beautiful gun. I’ve heard Cheely grips can be modified to fit but Prasky Guns is not accepting jobs due to a backlog so - that sucks. 

15 hours ago, fpf said:

Got them off this morning more or less as you described. Thanks to all those who pitched in.  

As an aside, the grips are truly my least favorite part of this otherwise beautiful gun. I’ve heard Cheely grips can be modified to fit but Prasky Guns is not accepting jobs due to a backlog so - that sucks. 

Bul also sells their steel grips seperately. I had them fitted by a fellow handy and experienced competitor. 

Ok I’m confused on two points now.

BUL advises they stopped selling their metal grips as a later add on. (There are no grips currently listed on their website). They also advise NONE of their open guns will be equipped with metal grips - they went all polymer for 2023 and beyond. 

Secondly, while it’s a moot point now, if they did still sell them separately, why would they have to be “fitted” at all?  Shouldn’t they just be sold ready to install?

Probably a good business decision for them to go polymer but terrible for those of us who want to support their product line. Their plastic grips suck. 

Edited by fpf