Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Masterpiece Arms MPA AR 9 competition ready PCC

Hello Fellow shooters,

Just wanted to ask you guys about your opinion on this PCC rifle. Have you owned one and shot it? Unfortunately, The company stopped production and have some leftovers that are for sale online. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. TY much>

30 minutes ago, turbocomp38s said:

Hello Fellow shooters,

Just wanted to ask you guys about your opinion on this PCC rifle. Have you owned one and shot it? Unfortunately, The company stopped production and have some leftovers that are for sale online. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. TY much>

There’s nothing special about it mechanically. I wouldn’t value it anymore than a standard production model foxtrot mike or the like. 

Absolutely not worth the $1200+ I’m seeing them discounted for. 

In fact… I’d probably put even less value on it.,. Since the line has been abandoned and there won’t be much support for them. 

If you’re seriously interested, I’d be asking them some hard questions about any parts that may be proprietary and not easily replaced. Mag catch. LRBHO parts (if it’s equipped) and the like. 

It shoots well, I have one as a backup ar9 and for practice. That I picked up a few months ago. no LRBHO, trigger out of the box is 6lbs but crisp.  Still something I need to replace but not high priority since it is a practice backup gun. It light and I do like the way ir handles. 

first 400 rounds the spring in the charging handle popped out but that was something I was going to replace anyways with a Odin works diverge anyways just not as soon as I thought all other parts are about the same as my ati milsport except for the mag release system on the mpa.  

the milsport is 3 years old and is what I use for pcc, the mpa is backup/ practice and has 800 rounds through it right now.

39 minutes ago, scooterj said:

There are no proprietary parts and everyone wants the trigger that they want, which is why it comes with a mil-spec trigger. As mentioned previously, they are light weight and handle well. 

yeah I don’t regret getting it.