Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are you carrying SA only or DA/SA, why?

PhilosopherKing

Carry pistol *AND* home defense. SA only, DA/SA why?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Carry pistol *AND* home defense. SA only, DA/SA why?

• SA only
    • DA/SA

1 hour ago, waktasz said:

I'm asking what SA gun only has a passive safety? I assume you are referring to some striker fired pistol as SA?

A few SAO hammer fired guns with no manual safety have come out over the past few years. Off top of my head there's the Alien, S&W EZ and Equalizer have no manual safety option, and that new RIA 5.0. There's probably a few others.

At first it seems strange to have a cocked and unlocked pistol, but it's really no different than most striker fired guns. 

8 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

A few SAO hammer fired guns with no manual safety have come out over the past few years. Off top of my head there's the Alien, S&W EZ and Equalizer have no manual safety option, and that new RIA 5.0. There's probably a few others.

At first it seems strange to have a cocked and unlocked pistol, but it's really no different than most striker fired guns. 

EZ and Equalizer have a grip safety. 

45 minutes ago, Zachjet said:

I carry a striker. But if it was a DA/SA. I Would carry hammer down…. I shoot a DA/SA tanfo and i don’t even notice the da on my first shots 

Same definitely hard to notice the extra couple lbs for first pull

15 minutes ago, Pmatte1 said:

Same definitely hard to notice the extra couple lbs for first pull

I don’t think the weight is the issue as much as the LOP but either way. Practice and dry fire will make it second nature 

4 hours ago, Zachjet said:

I don’t think the weight is the issue as much as the LOP but either way. Practice and dry fire will make it second nature 

Either one shouldn’t be a make or break issue with any practice in a carry situation. 

• 4 months later...

I carry a DA/SA CZ Rami, hammer down. I chose that simply because I carry a gun pointed at important body parts, and DA hammer down there is never going to be enough physical force to cause a ND. The single action is great after that first DA pull( which isn't bad itself). I use the 10 round mag with a +2 extension, and this gives me a full grip without going to the bigger 14 round mag