Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are you carrying SA only or DA/SA, why?

PhilosopherKing

Carry pistol *AND* home defense. SA only, DA/SA why?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, PhilosopherKing said:

Both systems can be carried in position one.

No, not unversally. 

None of the CZ 75D series of pistols (including the P-01, P-06, and SP-01 Tactical) can be carried in condition one.

The CZ 97BD and Rami BD cannot be carried in condition one.

The CZ P-07 and P-09 can't be carried in condition one when equipped with the decocker.

None of the Beretta 92G series can be carried in condition one.

The HK P-30 V3 without a manual safety cannot be carried in condition one.

The HK P2000 V3 cannot be carried in condition one.

Edited by Johnny_Chimpo

2 hours ago, PhilosopherKing said:

Thats fair, why would that be the case?

Really?

Who doesn't know that striker fired pistols are easier to use and usually less expensive than DA/SA or SAO?

Who doesn't know that the word Glock is virtually synonymous with semi automatic handgun in this country?

Edited by Johnny_Chimpo

41 minutes ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Really?

Who doesn't know that striker fired pistols are easier to use and usually less expensive than DA/SA or SAO?

Who doesn't know that the word Glock is virtually synonymous with semi automatic handgun in this country?

So your argument is because they are easier. Thats fine. 

I don't assume why others do things. I wont put words in their mouths. Hence, I ask people their perspective.

What's a Ruger LCP2? Double action only? I don't even know. There are few things in the world I care less about than my carry gun, providing it works and hits where I point. And it does that, so I go back to not caring about it.

DA/SA CZ Rami. Hammer down, thumb on the hammer when holstering, almost no chance for AD. DA allows me to really assess the target, abort if necessary. Can be as fast as SA when threat is imminent. The downside is that that user needs to be good with that DA pull to be effective. 

Striker fired...

Why? Because polymer guns are lighter, and most polymer guns are striker fired.

I shoot a Tanfoglio in USPSA. I don't want to carry a 3 pound gun in my pants when out on the street. 

49 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Striker fired...

Why? Because polymer guns are lighter, and most polymer guns are striker fired.

--- snip ---

In addition, if I was involved in a shooting, my pistol would probably live out it's golden years in the evidence locker. Saying goodbye to a Glock is not that difficult...

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

In addition, if I was involved in a shooting, my pistol would probably live out it's golden years in the evidence locker. Saying goodbye to a Glock is not that difficult...

I feel this could likely be appealed. If it cannot it is likely you wouldn't have a stay of adjudication or not guilty etc. In that case wouldn't you be more concerned with defending whoever you were defending than worried about where the tool ends up? Under this logic wouldn't be best to have the best tool for the situation at hand?

Edited by PhilosopherKing

none of them are the 'best'. carry what you prefer. I mostly carry decocked da/sa, or a fairly long and heavy striker gun, but I also sometimes carry a 1911. None of them go off unless I ask them to, and I hit targets reliably with all of them.

2 minutes ago, waktasz said:

What SA gun has no safety?

I assume you're taking to me?  They all have safeties, but some are manual thumb safeties, some have grip safeties, and some have trigger safeties.  Some have a combination thereof. 

8 hours ago, PhilosopherKing said:

Those that voted, would be good if you could post why you chose what you chose to help others considering this, with everything going on in the world right now.

Why is this an question for you?  The type of trigger is irrelevant if you're well trained and well disciplined.  The type of trigger is also irrelevant if you're poorly trained and panicky.

You seem to be looking for a hardware solution to a software problem.

Edited by Johnny_Chimpo