Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Machines from Mark 7 Reloading

Hey, Folks.

Wanted to show off the new machine Mark 7 is launching in 2023, Genesys. 

It's al "All-In-One" machine that will be ready to go out of the box with

Onboard collated priming

11" Case Feeder

Mechanical Powder Measure

Mr. Bullet Feeeder

It has isolated shell plate index, priming actuation, and tool head stroke via independently controlled motors. Means you can operate faster without having to move EVERYTHING faster.

@SSGJohnVJohn:

This is something I posted to Tom Castro on the FB Mark 7 Reloaders Group:

I heard Anthony mention that the lower drive unit was "non-serviceable" with regards to maintenance. Will the unit be "repairable" by the end user if there's a failure within the drive unit? Could we replace a motor if it failed? BTW, I love the technology and innovation! 

Any comments on my questions regarding the "lower unit"?

Also, would the new collated priming system on the Genesys possibly be backwards compatible to the Apex10?

Thanks!  

Some nice innovations, but and I don't see the sensor for the powder that stops the machine.
A decap detection is useless if the cases have been processed before reloading
I don't see a Primer Orientation Sensor

2 hours ago, cool said:

Some nice innovations, but and I don't see the sensor for the powder that stops the machine.
A decap detection is useless if the cases have been processed before reloading
I don't see a Primer Orientation Sensor

Machine is still compatible with our digital powder check, just not installed for the show. 

Devap sense has been one of our sensors for a long time. Its installed, hut you don't have to enable it if you so choose. With our current machines it operates the same way. 

I'll have to get back to you on the Primer orientation sensor compatibility. I don't want to speak out of turn. 

12 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

@SSGJohnVJohn

Any comments on my questions regarding the "lower unit"?

Also, would the new collated priming system on the Genesys possibly be backwards compatible to the Apex10?

I can't speak to either of those questions at the current moment, but I'm going to try to get an answer soon. Don't want to say stuff I'm not sure about! 

On 1/21/2023 at 10:13 AM, HOGRIDER said:

Thank you John for your reply!

👍

The Genesys drive train is composed of three independent motors, and minimal accessory parts besides, making for a very compact, simple, and robust drive system. This simple system means no user servicing is required for the life of the unit, but in the unlikely event of pre-mature wear the system is easily serviceable. In short, we've made the drive system as robust as possible to minimize service requirements, and enhance function.

It's user serviceable if needed, but doesn't have regular service requirements due to the nature of the system. 

On 1/20/2023 at 4:07 PM, SSGJohnV said:

Hey, Folks.

Wanted to show off the new machine Mark 7 is launching in 2023, Genesys. 

It's al "All-In-One" machine that will be ready to go out of the box with

Onboard collated priming

11" Case Feeder

Mechanical Powder Measure

Mr. Bullet Feeeder

It has isolated shell plate index, priming actuation, and tool head stroke via independently controlled motors. Means you can operate faster without having to move EVERYTHING faster.

I’ve marked this as my retirement gift 😁

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2023 at 4:21 PM, Bakerjd said:

I'm thinking this will be my next press. 

One question though. Wouldn't all three independent functions have to always be at the same speed? 

The main benefits for running each step independently are

Toolhead-less time between strokes as the toolhead only has to go up so far, shortening the stroke

Shell plate-time savings from indexing the shell plate ASAP with pistol, or to lessen powder spillage and bullet topple when you wait to index until after the tool head has ceased moving upward. 

Priming system-to have primers feed as quickly as necessary with a smoother servo controlled rotation, not moving at Mach 5 to keep up

The benefits are more than whats obvious and should lend itself to a smother and more efficient loading process for the end user. 

I look forward to being smothered while loading John.......

I wonder if there would be a way to shorten the toolhead travel on a Revo (other than cutting the main shaft lol). Maybe a different index assembly and some software tweaks?