Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

North Texas area 3 gun matches?

Did some searches but didn't have much luck (apologies if my search skills are lacking), with the closure of the range near Cresson, can anyone point me to some regular/recurring 3 gun matches in the North Texas/Dallas area?   I'm eager to get back into it. 

6 minutes ago, jason237m said:

Did some searches but didn't have much luck (apologies if my search skills are lacking), with the closure of the range near Cresson, can anyone point me to some regular/recurring 3 gun matches in the North Texas/Dallas area?   I'm eager to get back into it. 

Abilene count? They're starting monthly 3 gun matches up this month again. I think this one is full though

TDSA (https://practiscore.com/clubs/tdsa_3gun) is currently the only place hosting 3 gun around DFW.  With Triple C closing a few years ago and ETTS dropping 3 gun there just isn’t much left in the area.  Last week at TDSA we had about 40 shooters and 5 stages.

Outside of DFW are Big Country, a great match near Abilene, and Arklatex, near Texarkana.

if you’re on Facebook then join the DFW 3 Gunners page for updates.

The owner was setting up and running the match previously, but sounds like he is too busy with range operations now.  An outside person or entity would likely need to handle running the match for it to exist again, like how the Cross Timbers group runs pistol matches there.

ETTS has grown exponentially over the last couple of years, and the family that was doing a lot of the competition setup and operation are no longer associated with the range. So the owner is doing what he can to get matches put together, but he's spending most of his time running the range. I've talked to him about potentially taking over the 3 gun match operation, but we haven't taken it any further than that yet. I hope it can still happen, as ETTS is a great facility that would allow another 3 gun option in the Metroplex and its a different "flavor" than TDSA. 

Edited by bulldog009

• 1 year later...