Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2023 Holosun Competition Optic. (507 Comp)

Michael303

Their 407CO has 8 MOA circle and I have one on one of my carry Glocks. It works just like any dot and in some way I even prefer it over a solid dot. I won't be surprised that many won't find it necessary to stack the central dot and that ring together. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, YVK said:

Their 407CO has 8 MOA circle and I have one on one of my carry Glocks. It works just like any dot and in some way I even prefer it over a solid dot. I won't be surprised that many won't find it necessary to stack the central dot and that ring together. 

I find it to be exceptionally more crisp looking than traditional 6/8moa dots. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2023 at 10:27 PM, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Tiny dot + circle = fail

Made in china = fail

I guess I'll keep buying Trijicons

Scott Jedlinski's thoughts about gripes like yours, when he recommends Holosun sights, is appropriate here: "The Chinese invented gunpowder, so get over it."

Edited by ReconNav

Why do they continue down the circle idea? It's dumb IMO. As far as window size they missed on that too. For me the dot tracks up/dn not side to side. So width is way less important then how tall it is. Guess I'll stick with my Alpha 3.

7 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Why do they continue down the circle idea? It's dumb IMO. As far as window size they missed on that too. For me the dot tracks up/dn not side to side. So width is way less important then how tall it is. Guess I'll stick with my Alpha 3.

Have you personally shot with the circle reticle? 

18 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Agree. Swing and a miss, Holosun. If the circle/dot was the hotness, we’d see them and not SROs on the top 10’s guns. I run a 407C-GR on my work gun, so I believe in the durability of the sight. But the execution on this competition sight is not what I’d want in my next CO sight. 

17 minutes ago, OPENB said:

Agree. Swing and a miss, Holosun. If the circle/dot was the hotness, we’d see them and not SROs on the top 10’s guns. I run a 407C-GR on my work gun, so I believe in the durability of the sight. But the execution on this competition sight is not what I’d want in my next CO sight. 

Shane Coley is sporting one on his Glock. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoGOPWyIZcs/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by Dirty_J

4 minutes ago, Dirty_J said:

Shane Coley is sporting one on his Glock. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoGOPWyIZcs/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I wish Shane the best, hope he can win with it, as does Holosun, as in “race it on Sunday, sell it on Monday.” But I don’t think it’ll sell like the SRO, even at 2/3 the cost, with that reticle. If they’d make a big lens, 5moa green dot for $325, I’d buy 4. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 9:15 AM, Dirty_J said:

Have you personally shot with the circle reticle? 

Well I may eat my words a little on this. Shot what ever one they have with the 8moa circle the other day and practice and damn if it isn't about the same as my 8moa dot. Crisp too. Wonder if the circle would be better for my girlfriend as she has a stigmatizem. And her R3max died Saturday at the match. 

• 3 weeks later...

I dont understand why they wont use different model numbers for different sights, especially when they are different foot prints, and they keep the foot print a secret..   Still pissed about the "K" nonsense.
Also when I look at the solar cell, adjustomatic reticle, extra settings, shake awake,, I just see overly complicated and more stuff to go wrong.
Give a me a decent on/off switch, easy to change battery, a single reticle, and durability.. and TELL me what foot print it has right on top of the specs.  Basically a modern Cmore. KISS,, probably why people still use them.

I actually really liked the 2MOA dot when I ran a 510c on one of my Czechmates. I ended up switching to Romeo 3XLs because they are a lot lighter and have a similar window size, but I prefer the actual dot on the 510c. I never used the 65 MOA circle on the 510c but the option to toggle an 8 MOA circle sounds like it would at least be worth experimenting with. 

Well I have an update. Call it hearsay or second hand but here is the story:

I went to a rimfire pistol pin match last night with a friend. We were the only 2 shooting irons, everyone else had dots. We won 1st and 2nd in our division. Anyway, there were a couple other shooters there talking about CZs and race holsters etc so I asked if they had heard about this new optic and was about ready to start the sales pitch. One of the guys stopped me and said he had 2 on the way already. The look on my face was obvious and I asked him from where. He said Optics Planet to which I gave a brief sigh as I have heard about "stock orders" for that website. We go and setup pins and then he shows me that they did have some in stock and now its showing not in stock. He shows me his receipt order on the phone but all I could see with my old eyes was $3xx. But he was quite convincing and a good shooter. 

So looks like the race is on. good luck.

1 hour ago, AcePrater said:

Well I have an update. Call it hearsay or second hand but here is the story:

I went to a rimfire pistol pin match last night with a friend. We were the only 2 shooting irons, everyone else had dots. We won 1st and 2nd in our division. Anyway, there were a couple other shooters there talking about CZs and race holsters etc so I asked if they had heard about this new optic and was about ready to start the sales pitch. One of the guys stopped me and said he had 2 on the way already. The look on my face was obvious and I asked him from where. He said Optics Planet to which I gave a brief sigh as I have heard about "stock orders" for that website. We go and setup pins and then he shows me that they did have some in stock and now its showing not in stock. He shows me his receipt order on the phone but all I could see with my old eyes was $3xx. But he was quite convincing and a good shooter. 

So looks like the race is on. good luck.

Yeah, OP saying they have something doesn't mean much. They'll even "ship" it but it'll just say label created and then you can't change or cancel your order because it's "shipped" even though they really haven't done anything with it.

That said a buddy of mine saw one of these at a match recently. Not sure how the dude got it, maybe sponsorship. He said it was fine, not good enough to move from his SRO which isn't really a surprise. 

1 hour ago, Racinready300ex said:

Yeah, OP saying they have something doesn't mean much. They'll even "ship" it but it'll just say label created and then you can't change or cancel your order because it's "shipped" even though they really haven't done anything with it.

That said a buddy of mine saw one of these at a match recently. Not sure how the dude got it, maybe sponsorship. He said it was fine, not good enough to move from his SRO which isn't really a surprise. 

I want something for my PCC to test for SC/USPSA as I pulled into GM with a buddy’s borrowed gun that had a 6MOA CMORE. So a slightly bigger dot essentially that’s green should be awesome