Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2023 Holosun Competition Optic. (507 Comp)

Michael303

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/10/2023 at 9:19 PM, tt350z said:

That’s a Shadow 2 OR. The back half of the slide is not tri-top and wider than a standard Shadow 2’s slide.

Correct.

I have a non OR slide in the safe as well, so if one is interested I could compare them.

But the OR slide has i.e. no back serations.

I would have to check the dimensions, so if you mill a non OR slide, YMMV.

Idk if it’s my eyes or what but the 8moa circle and dot combo just looks like a dot to me. I have the green model so not sure if that has anything do to with it or the fact that the dot is SUPER Bright but that’s been my first glance experience so far. I really like it overall. Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, Shmella said:

Idk if it’s my eyes or what but the 8moa circle and dot combo just looks like a dot to me. I have the green model so not sure if that has anything do to with it or the fact that the dot is SUPER Bright but that’s been my first glance experience so far. I really like it overall. Time will tell. 

Mine looks the same, just one big dot. Doesn’t bother me at all, the green is so much brighter than the red it’s much easier for me to see and doesn’t wash out like the red does.

3 hours ago, mveto said:

Mine looks the same, just one big dot. Doesn’t bother me at all, the green is so much brighter than the red it’s much easier for me to see and doesn’t wash out like the red does.

do you have a red version of this same dot? I was imagining the red being just as bright and the brightness is just a product of the newest generation of holosuns.

Edited by Shmella

I tried out the comp the other weekend at a match where a guy had one on his glock. We compared it to my SRO in the Florida sun - honestly no real difference in brightness to my eyes. I have found that the 5 Moa sro dots look the best to me - not saying the 2 Moa dot isn’t useable for the holosun but I don’t see a reason to switch. If they come out with a dot only version cheaper, with say a 6 Moa dot I think it would be a no brainer

On 7/21/2023 at 10:39 PM, sandflea316 said:

Kenzie's optics has some in stock.  Got my 3rd 507 Comp this morning 

min curious which dot you’re migrating away from in favor of this dot. 

For me, it’s intriguing enough that the next time I need another red dot, I will certainly add this to the very short list of red dots that I will choose from. But I’m not planning to abandon any of my currently working SROs to switch to it. 

On 7/21/2023 at 9:51 AM, Shmella said:

At first glance, my eyes see the same thing - just one dot.  When I take the time, however, I can distinguish the individual dot and circle - even with my astigmatism. Of course, I have the brightness dialed down a bit.

My short list had one of the 10MOA C-more RTS2 dots.  However, during the winter months in Pennsylvania, we move our matches inside to the local indoor range, and I just felt like the 10MOA dot might be a bit too intrusive. 

When I had the opportunity to see the dot+circle combination on the 507Comp, it was a done-deal for me.  I really haven't explored the other options on the 507Comp because this does exactly what I need it to do.

The 10moa FTP was amazing to me, it wont fit my slide cut though. My goal is to have a dot that’s easy to pick up when dim enough to easily stay target focused. I have 3 5 moa SRO’s now that all work fine. The green 507 comp is definitely interesting to me…

5 hours ago, Cuz said:

min curious which dot you’re migrating away from in favor of this dot. 

For me, it’s intriguing enough that the next time I need another red dot, I will certainly add this to the very short list of red dots that I will choose from. But I’m not planning to abandon any of my currently working SROs to switch to it. 

My open gun originally had an SRO.  Swapped it out for FTP Alpha 3 8moa due to getting double dots too much.  But Alpha 3 don't come in green.

507comp has a huge  window and comes in green.  Also I shot an indoor match with lots close targets so I got to use the 20 moa reticle.   Currently using the 8 moa circle which is awesome.  Still got 3 more 507Comp to buy to fully swap over all my guns

On 7/21/2023 at 6:39 PM, sandflea316 said:

Kenzie's optics has some in stock.  Got my 3rd 507 Comp this morning 

Thanks for the heads up, I was finally able to order one.

On 7/23/2023 at 7:18 PM, Cuz said:

Ok, so has anyone mounted one on their PCC yet?  I’m curious how it compares to the HS510C I’m currently running. 

Thanks. 

I would assume. Smaller window but bigger dot size. Guess you have to pick your poison which way to go.

On 7/28/2023 at 9:35 AM, Dazhi said:

Has anyone's 507 comp passed 20k round mark without any issues, especially on a Shadow 2?

Looking for some data to gauge reliability. 

Someone should have that info just in time for the Black Friday sales…

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine from LGS yesterday. Here is test fitted on an A-01 slide with plate. Frame is old 75B SAO full cajun.

FF  to 35seconds to skip the rifle brass stuff
https://rumble.com/v35pwuk-new-6arc-starline-brass-and-new-holosun-507-comp-green-pistol-dot.html

Indoor bullseye match tomorrow. There is an outdoor USPSA match this weekend but it will be raining so whatever whatever...

now to make piles of ammo again.

Hope everyone has a good match and spew the pew!

czHolosun.jpg