Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger Mark II Gas Peddle Needed

Flatland Shooter

Good evening folks.  I've decided to take up Steel Challenge shooting to try to keep my very limited skills intact.  Doing decent with RFRO but for RFPO I need some assistance finding a *thumb rest [generic]* for a Ruger Mark II.  What I've found so far is parts for a Mark III and Mark IV, but no luck for the Mark II.

Any suggestions where to look?

Thank you.

On 1/16/2023 at 8:17 PM, Flatland Shooter said:

Good evening folks.  I've decided to take up Steel Challenge shooting to try to keep my very limited skills intact.  Doing decent with RFRO but for RFPO I need some assistance finding a *thumb rest [generic]* for a Ruger Mark II.  What I've found so far is parts for a Mark III and Mark IV, but no luck for the Mark II.

Any suggestions where to look?

Thank you.

I made this one from a broken SV thumb safety for my MK II 22/45. I had to drill and tap the frame, though. 

51230D38-44A2-470D-8F1E-21B763318058.jpeg

I had time so I also looked for your thumb rest without any success. What about purchasing the one for a Mark III or IV and having a local gunsmith adapt and mount it on your pistol? This would probably be quite pricey though. 

4 hours ago, herky said:

On a MK II mag question,  are any of the other generation mags compatible with the MK II ?  I need a couple for steel challenge.   MK II mags seem to be very scarce.

Thanks

I just started Steel Challenge RFPO several months ago. I've had good luck buying original Ruger Mark II magazines in the original blister pack.  Average price is around $29 each with free shipping.

1 hour ago, scooterj said:

I made this one from a broken SV thumb safety for my MK II 22/45. I had to drill and tap the frame, though. 

51230D38-44A2-470D-8F1E-21B763318058.jpeg

59 minutes ago, dapribek said:

I had time so I also looked for your thumb rest without any success. What about purchasing the one for a Mark III or IV and having a local gunsmith adapt and mount it on your pistol? This would probably be quite pricey though. 

Both are interesting options.  So far I've not found anyone that has modified parts to fit.  I'll try some more searching and see what I can find.  Thanks.

On 1/18/2023 at 9:58 AM, Flatland Shooter said:

I just started Steel Challenge RFPO several months ago. I've had good luck buying original Ruger Mark II magazines in the original blister pack.  Average price is around $29 each with free shipping.

Shucks, I just noticed I failed to show where I bought the Ruger Mk II mags.  Got'em from eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252249882924?epid=19030650670&hash=item3abb43c12c:g:EjwAAOSw4CFYwdK~&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoHu9jxyhze5YfEzoNRbyzqAblb5m6RXHZ7ikqvgbpTNboxpVY3zTKe5DvVHxPNts61NI0smOypO5xFTkOK2dvEc7T7DWyCiC6NDxvYJRqQ3ZkWrgUMBzfCvXVNIcHOakpzSNMFN%2ByMIR4DXiNJvGuJXLYvQ2d6mUKgtShqgrwBKCOGjxs2vJm7HsNrVDumc%2BPxdsqTHHMjsaQG%2BqzXY0oJM%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5Tm2sW5YQ

6 hours ago, echotango said:

Interesting.  Any problems using this on a Mark II?    After cutting two holes off, how many are still left on the mount and is it steady?  Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 7:37 PM, Flatland Shooter said:

Interesting.  Any problems using this on a Mark II?    After cutting two holes off, how many are still left on the mount and is it steady?  Thanks.

I'll post a pic in the morning. Sorry for the delay. 

20 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

https://www.ehobbyasia.com shows these are out of stock. 

Anywhere else I might find one?

Thanks.

Quick update.  Thanks to a friend, I now have one of these ordered.  The airsoft supplier Evike has some in stock.

Thanks for everybody for their help.