Your First USPSA Match

BritinUSA

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I am finally back into uspsa. I started shooting at 21... And then life happened. College, wife, 1st child, career.....but now 7 years later, I'm back and can actually afford the equipment I used to look and dream about.

Shot my first match back a couple weeks ago. Didn't do to bad, solid and only a couple "mikes" and that no shoot should have heard the shooting and got out of the way!

Just happy to be back!

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On February 15, 2017 at 4:18 AM, Mountbkr said:

I shot for a couple of years in the late 90's but haven't shot a match in over 10 years now. My first match back will be this coming weekend, so i will be starting back from scratch (more or less).

Similar situation. Going to be hard to find matches living in California

On 4/5/2017 at 3:26 AM, michael1one said:

Similar situation. Going to be hard to find matches living in California

yeah living in California doesn't sound like much fun for a gun enthusiast

• 9 months later...

Brassing/Patching  "If your name is called..."

How many folks here have a club that actually calls out names for what job you may have?  The clubs in my area pretty much have the "everybody should help out doing something unless you're really old" policy...or at least culture.  We don't have many folks around here who don't at least do a little bit...  Sometimes I get caught up in a conversation, but I try my best to stay active in helping reset.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2015 at 5:53 PM, Firefight5243 said:

I am finally back into uspsa. I started shooting at 21... And then life happened. College, wife, 1st child, career.....but now 7 years later, I'm back and can actually afford the equipment I used to look and dream about.

Shot my first match back a couple weeks ago. Didn't do to bad, solid and only a couple "mikes" and that no shoot should have heard the shooting and got out of the way!

Just happy to be back!

My first match was in 1999, after a 12 year lack of time and funding I was able to start again for 2017 and had a great time. I will say that the shooters are a lot faster than I recall, but I'm a little older too.

8 hours ago, floater said:

After 12 years I started again.   Shooters are a lot faster than I recall, but I'm a little older too.

12 years, unfortunately, is NOT a LITTLE OLDER    :blink:

I took a 12 year break also, and couldn't believe the changes, in everything,

including "faster".

No, 12 years is half of a lifetime ....    :ph34r:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was invited to a different type of match in April and decided to try USPSA the following month and its been a blast so far.  Looking forward to the next few years to see how far I can progress.