Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2023 Ohio State Buckeye Blast Championship

2023 Ohio State Buckeye Blast Registration | PractiScore

Dates: May 4 - May 7, 2023

Location: Cardinal Shooting Center, Marengo, Ohio (near Columbus) The Cardinal Center

Price: $200 (Active Duty Military and Juniors $100)

No refunds after April 1st, at midnight EST.

Refunds for credit card payments will have $10 deducted to cover Stripe fees.

13 Stages + Chrono

1/2 Day Format (Friday PM/Saturday AM or Saturday PM/Sunday AM)

Friday PM: 1PM
          Saturday AM: 8AM
          Saturday PM: 1PM
          Sunday AM: 8 AM

Great Food: Southern Bobby-Q Catering | White Plains MD | Facebook

This Match will be STAFF RESET!

Note: This will also be the location of the 2023 Carry Optics Nationals (June 23-25, 2023) and 2023 Iron Sight Nationals (October 6-8, 2023)

The match will be split into two zones of 6 stops each. Competitors will shoot one zone each half-day. 

One zone will have 7 stages and the other zone will have 6 stages + Chrono. 

Edited by IL-SIG

20 minutes ago, IL-SIG said:

The match will be split into two zones of 6 stops each. Competitors will shoot one zone each half-day. 

One zone will have 7 stages and the other zone will have 6 stages + Chrono. 

Cool thanks for the info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy to announce that Red Feather Outfitters will be supporting the Buckeye Blast as a Division sponsor. 

Red Feather Outfitters is an online retailer and also an onsite retail store at the Cardinal Shooting Center. 

https://www.redfeatheroutfitters.com/

Please visit Red Feather Outfitters for your shooting and equipment needs. 

Edited by IL-SIG

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, IL-SIG said:

Happy to announce that Scheel Mfg. will be supporting the Buckeye Blast as a Division sponsor. 

Scheel is a leader in the development of PCC roller delayed buffer systems. 

https://coreys28.sg-host.com/

Please visit Scheel for your PCC and other shooting equipment needs. 

Now all I have to do is win a PCC!

We are excited to announce that Masterpiece Arms will be supporting the Buckeye Blast as a Division Sponsor.

The sponsorship will include a customized Buckeye Blast raffle gun configured to comply with the new Limited Optics Provisional Division. 

https://masterpiecearms.com/

Please visit MPA’s web site to see the latest competition firearms they are building for our sport. 

• 1 month later...

I was pretty excited for this match. I have to say I find the posted stages very alarming. 3/13 VC. A 3 per stage with a headbox only target (staff will be changing that twice per squad as pasters get pulled through the gaping holes, better hope it doesn’t rain). Generally gimicky start positions for multiple stages that depress hit factor globally, but don’t allow for much skill separation. Non contiguous shooting areas on multiple stages. 

I know match books are only loose concepts, but I’m considerably less excited about attending this match now. I suspect that many of the stages were designed by a relatively novice stage designer. 

I hope that the design concepts of the stages undergo productive evolutions as they hit the ground!

On 4/23/2023 at 9:18 PM, llamasabound said:

I was pretty excited for this match. I have to say I find the posted stages very alarming. 3/13 VC. A 3 per stage with a headbox only target (staff will be changing that twice per squad as pasters get pulled through the gaping holes, better hope it doesn’t rain). Generally gimicky start positions for multiple stages that depress hit factor globally, but don’t allow for much skill separation. Non contiguous shooting areas on multiple stages. 

I know match books are only loose concepts, but I’m considerably less excited about attending this match now. I suspect that many of the stages were designed by a relatively novice stage designer. 

I hope that the design concepts of the stages undergo productive evolutions as they hit the ground!

This post is pretty spot on.