Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Checkmate 2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't find the post but some shooters at a competition in late 2022 got to see and shoot the new version. They also claim the factory shooters have been using it.

The comp was more like what Eric G. uses. Other than that it didn't sound that different.

Just did a search the other day and couldn't find any mention of the 2023 version anywhere.

54 minutes ago, VeilAndrew said:

One of the upgrades needs to be functional big sticks out of the box too!

It was a hassle to get my big stick running, and now it's barely running but the MBX mag I got ran perfectly right out of the box.

This Xs a million!

45 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Mbx stepped up and fixed that issue. 
It drive me nuts thinking that a $2900 had welded together magazines. 
I still can’t believe they did that. 
mbx got it right. 

you can believe It's the smallest thing. Look at their design mistake over the years in all their  mags. the asymmetric groove that the mag  release fits into. If you change the mag release  to the other side, the mag  sits 2-3 mm lower and the gun does not go into the IPSC box😀 and many shooters that done this suffer from mulfunctions.

Edited by yigal

32 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

I Can find the Checkmate  on cz-usa. 
maybe shot show ?

It is not in the CZ 2023 catalogue which was just released and an ex employee of CZ dropped a list of cancelled firearms for 2023 last year and it was on it. 

17 hours ago, my00wrx1 said:

It is not in the CZ 2023 catalogue which was just released and an ex employee of CZ dropped a list of cancelled firearms for 2023 last year and it was on it. 

They discontinued an absolute crap-load of models. I think it has to do with them moving to the Colt factory, from what I've heard.

2 hours ago, VeilAndrew said:

They discontinued an absolute crap-load of models. I think it has to do with them moving to the Colt factory, from what I've heard.

Yes, I read the same. A new Cmate would be outstanding. Isn’t the current Gen 10+ years old?

9 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Yes, I read the same. A new Cmate would be outstanding. Isn’t the current Gen 10+ years old?

They've had some smaller changes across the years, but nothing in comparison to the CZ75 > SP-01 > SP-01 Shadow > Shadow 2 generational changes.

I'd be interested to see it like a TS2 Czechmate, since there are people that reportedly don't shoot the "large frames" as well as the CZ75 frames or the Shadow 2 frames.

Edited by VeilAndrew

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 5:02 AM, MNJoel said:

Anyone know if a Czechmate 2 was a topic at SHOT show this week?

Grauffel posted a CM with double sided mount and RTS2 just a few days ago, but not close enough for me to see if it's a TS2 frame, and he didn't comment if it was the CM2, but I did think it might possible be.

2 hours ago, Arcrunner said:

Grauffel posted a CM with double sided mount and RTS2 just a few days ago, but not close enough for me to see if it's a TS2 frame, and he didn't comment if it was the CM2, but I did think it might possible be.

It didn't look like a TS2 frame to me. It was more like an original TSO frame with the more squared trigger guard and scalloped dust cover.