Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 spewing primers all over

Just now, waktasz said:

Are primers supposed to fall freely out of the bottom of the magazine tube through the blue plastic tip? I recently replaced mine and now the press is shooting new primers onto the ground with every cycle. 

No. Definitely not.

the knurled knob at the top of the primer tube should be just barely finger tight. 
mom guessing you may have damaged that blue tip while installing.

4 hours ago, waktasz said:

Not sure what that is so I guess not 

Ahh ya. That blue tip has a little slot on the side that when aligned falls down into place. You can feel it go that last like 1/8” when you drop it in and gently turn it.

i f*#ked one up the first time I replaced mine and then ordered like 10. Of coarse it’s been fine ever since.

5 hours ago, Explosiveo said:

Ahh ya. That blue tip has a little slot on the side that when aligned falls down into place. You can feel it go that last like 1/8” when you drop it in and gently turn it.

i f*#ked one up the first time I replaced mine and then ordered like 10. Of coarse it’s been fine ever since.

There is very little documentation on correctly orienting the tip of the primer magazine.  Very easy to miss in the manual!

Be sure the key on the tip (#14003 - large or #14024 - small) is in the slot and the magazine is all the way down in place. Fig. 32

Glad you figured it out!

:)👍

21 hours ago, boatdoc173 said:

do you have a primer stop pin in place?

I have a  550c.  there is a pin shaped plastic 'rod" that is placed below the tip of the primer magazine. as the primer slide moves back to load a primer, the primer  cup pushes the primer stop pin out of the way then one primer falls into the cup and as the slid e  moves forward the pin stops the primers  from just falling out. 

17 minutes ago, boatdoc173 said:

I have a  550c.  there is a pin shaped plastic 'rod" that is placed below the tip of the primer magazine. as the primer slide moves back to load a primer, the primer  cup pushes the primer stop pin out of the way then one primer falls into the cup and as the slid e  moves forward the pin stops the primers  from just falling out. 

There’s no primer stop pin like that in the 1050/1100 machines.