Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

infinity(SVI) frame

grujo

can someone post pictures of Infinity rail system,to see how is that done?

or maybe some other solution to tighten slide to frame.

Accurail is OK,but in my country there is no gunsmith who can do that

thanks

Edited by grujo

On 12/9/2022 at 2:55 PM, Posvar said:

They do not do anything special or out of the ordinary for their slide to rail fitment or design.

i think something like this.this is only pic i have found.but my gunsmith cannot see how it is done

frame_rails_375_375 (1).jpg

5 minutes ago, grujo said:

i think something like this.this is only pic i have found.but my gunsmith cannot see how it is done

I have owned many SV but never a Tiki. Pretty sure they do not build them like this any more. That is interesting for sure 

Edited by Posvar

58 minutes ago, Posvar said:

I have owned many SV but never a Tiki. Pretty sure they do not build them like this any more. That is interesting for sure 

i have on few guns slide to frame not fitted good,slide play on frame,but i dont want to do some job with hammer and vice

2 hours ago, grujo said:

Good idea and very professional work

try to find better gunsmith. 

Find a skilled metal worker who can do this milling job

10 hours ago, Dan Sierpina said:

Micro welding is the current procedure to improve slide/frame fit. All the welding is done on the frame rails , then machined to a tight fit on the slide.

i was thinking in that direction.i have one company here who works laser welding,and i spoke with them.they say it is no problem to put 0,2-0,3 mm on rails.then i can grind with stone to correct dimension.but i dont know what material is frame made from.

1 hour ago, grujo said:

i was thinking in that direction.i have one company here who works laser welding,and i spoke with them.they say it is no problem to put 0,2-0,3 mm on rails.then i can grind with stone to correct dimension.but i dont know what material is frame made from.

There are only a few types. few types of Stainless steel and carbon steel is usually sae 4140

Specify exactly the model you have

Edited by yigal

1 hour ago, yigal said:

There are only a few types. few types of Stainless steel and carbon steel is usually sae 4140

Specify exactly the model you have

SPS... i think they are not machined from bar stock,they are MiM

I don't know your country or means to get another firearm. 

So where I'm going with my comment is, do you need such dramatic work to actually be done to maintain the competitiveness of the gun, when that work itself is hard to find someone who can do it, and will be doing it for the first time, may or may not know how the gun should function when finished, and replacing the gun could end up being very difficult. 

I'm Californian so those thoughts fill my mind every single time I'm in search of a gun smith.  

Most these folks here have access to smiths if they needed the work, and most of them here would probably just put the gun up for sale if they felt it wasn't up to their expectations and then buy another one. 

I understand the consumer need/desire to "hot rod" out our personal possessions. When we are limited to fewer guns the ones we have tend to get too much attention (i.e. what can I modify/improve next?). Many here are spoiled (even a Californian) and don't have guns that we are limited to that we end up shooting the life span out of the ones we own.