Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

red dot?

turfgun

have a walther pdp 4.5 with holosun 507c x2 on it and added ameriglo sights gl-429. so i am shooting pretty good with it but i have the red dot adjusted all the way maxed out as high as it will goand still shooting low on average even off a bench rest. so please help am i adjusting it the wrong way?

any advice is appreciated

1 hour ago, turfgun said:

anyone?

Your problem is very difficult to diagnose over the internet.  Almost impossible I'd say.

The only thing I can offer is make damned sure you understand how your optic's adjustments work.  You turn the elevation screw counterclockwise to move the point of impact up.

It's not unheard of for a red dot sight to malfunction. It could be that. It could also be the way it is mounted, that might put it at an angle and remove much of the MOA adjustment. You might want to talk to Holosun. 

Here's an idea...  Try adjusting the dot the opposite direction from what you have been.  Optics have an elevation adjustment that adjusts the Point of Impact up or down.  Not sure what you mean when you say you have the dot "maxed out as high as it will go"???  If you have the gun in some type of bench rest and don't really understand how optic adjustments work, it is possible you are looking at the dot go in the up direction as you make adjustments.  If this is the case then you are actually turning the adjustment in the direction to lower the Point of Impact, or move it down.  I could explain more, but I just wanted to toss this out and you should know if you fully understand how to adjust an optic on a firearm.  If you don't, then this could be causing your problem.