Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP-5 barrel

On 11/29/2022 at 1:03 PM, mrvip27 said:

Maybe he was changing handguards and took the barrel nut off? Now the barrel is loose? Idk lol

I changed my stock handguard on my JP5 over to a Smoke Composite. Barrel didn't came loose but looked at it just incase I ever felt like I needed to pull the barrel. Reached out to JP and they said if I ever need to remove it that they recommend the factory do it. Eventually I'm sure someone will be brave enough to do something and if it works post it on YouTube.

14 minutes ago, Ac02117 said:

I changed my stock handguard on my JP5 over to a Smoke Composite. Barrel didn't came loose but looked at it just incase I ever felt like I needed to pull the barrel. Reached out to JP and they said if I ever need to remove it that they recommend the factory do it. Eventually I'm sure someone will be brave enough to do something and if it works post it on YouTube.

I believe someone else here changed to a smoke composite on their jp5 as well.

• 1 year later...
17 hours ago, brian45acp said:

You got ballz.

why did you remove it? Looks like it threads in to that trunion. Totally different than AR or blow backs so I don’t intend ever going that deep.

Curiosity, can't help it. I just hope it maintains accuracy after a few thousand rounds.