Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What if CO was a major/minor division like SS?

OPENB

2 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Comical.  I don't care if they are allowed if they are ever allowed in CO, but to say they will  change anything in the big scope of things in CO is disingenuous.  You can keep denying that reality.  

Sounds like a C or B class shooter that is worried about missing out on a trophy.

I think to imply including completely change the equipment rules wouldn't change anything is disingenuous too. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

I've certainly never talked to anyone who was afraid of the DA first shot on a DA/SA gun.

🤣

Here I am.  Maybe not “afraid” but sometimes leery.  

I shot half the year in CO with a CZC SP-01 Shadow.  The first shot was a good trigger pull but was still DA.  Usually, it wasn’t a measurable issue, but there occasionally were stages where first shot DA hurt me, either because I shot a delta or even a mike on my first target or I grudgingly altered my stage plan to start on an easier target.  Percentage-wise, the difference was probably small but I would put a manual safety on the gun in a heartbeat if SAO is allowed and shoot cocked-and-locked, and I would then have a better gun for the division.  

Edited by deerslayer

2 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Your words.

So 5 triggers pulls in a local match and few more in Level 2 and up matches are not a Huge difference, but somehow SA triggers for the rest of the stage is a significant competitive advantage that makes all the difference?

once again, you have misquoted me. Your argument must be awfully weak if you have to distort and misquote my words to try to make your point.

1 hour ago, MHicks said:

The trigger on a CZ da/sa when in single action mode after the initial DA first shot is not the same as the trigger on a SAO gun.

^^^

any honest person who has shot both will admit that. I have shot a lot of both, and I'm pretty comfortable with a da/sa trigger. I'm pretty comfortable with decent striker triggers too, but if I have to make a 15 yard headshot, there's no question which one I'd rather have.

There's a reason that SAO triggers absolutely dominate in every division in which they are allowed. They are simply better, a competitive advantage.  Sure, that advantage can be minimized with practice and stage planning, but if it weren't a significant advantage, the numbers wouldn't be so overwhelming. That's just math.