Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Servicios aventuras SP primers

scottinohio

I loaded and shot 300 rounds with these yesterday. Glock, CZ and M&P. No issues, they all went pop. I always put extra effort in seating all primers to make them as sensitive as possible. Not saying Furrly's experience with them is untrue as i read other people were having light strikes with these. I have found if i flatten most any primer with extra hard seating i don't run into light strikes.

Edited by bowenbuilt

On 11/22/2022 at 10:22 AM, Furrly said:

Bought a batch, having constant light primers strikes with my 2011, resorting the to practice ammo. 

What's your mainspring weight? Probably have to go up. I run 17#'s in my open STI's and they light any rifle/pistol primer except S&B small rifle. Those are hard as rock.

4 hours ago, OPENB said:

What's your mainspring weight? Probably have to go up. I run 17#'s in my open STI's and they light any rifle/pistol primer except S&B small rifle. Those are hard as rock.

I run a 17# as well, I was having primer sitting issues with my 650 that could have possibly been the root of the problem. I will load another batch go from there, they are harder to load then any other primer I have loaded. 

38 minutes ago, Furrly said:

I run a 17# as well, I was having primer sitting issues with my 650 that could have possibly been the root of the problem. I will load another batch go from there, they are harder to load then any other primer I have loaded. 

IME foreign primers are harder to seat than American ones.  That has proven true for me across multiple batches of S&B, Unis Ginex, and Murom small pistol and large rifle primers.  Once seated all the way they have functioned 100%.

If you're priming with foreign primers on a progressive and have not adjusted seating depth, I would look there first before blaming the primers.

• 4 weeks later...

I've loaded about 2K of these now.  They seem to work fine in my Shadow 2, PDP, and Open guns.  However, they are a total pain in the butt to flip on the primer tray, and my RL1100 primer feed system does not like them at all.  They are constantly causing stoppages, especially if I try picking up the pace, even a little bit.  Just for kicks, I loaded 100 with CCI primers and it was night and day as far as the press goes.  No stoppages and I could go as fast as I was able to pull the handle.

They've all gone bang for me, but I won't buy them again if I don't have to.

• 2 weeks later...