Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Two Progressive Presses and one Mr Bullet Feeder

I had that setup before I sold my XL650. I bought a 3/4 pipe and flange to mount the bullet feeder between my 1100 and 650. The bulletfeeder came with enough output spring for use between the two machines.

Heres an old picture:

8-DA22-D30-55-A1-4632-AFD2-E079-C0426-A8

11 minutes ago, Chapo said:

Exactly what I wanted to see!! Hit the nail in the head.  Q: did the bullets bind in the spring when being stretched from machine to machine? I'm sure it had a sweet spot?

No they didn’t. Just make sure the bulletfeeder itself is high enough and the spring not stretch out too much. If the length of the stock output spring is not enough, DAA sells an extension to extend the current length. 

I recommend buying an extra output spring and adapter just in case the stock spring length is not enough for your setup. I had to buy one (you can see the black plastic part in the middle of the spring) because I cut the original output spring when I had the bulletfeeder mounted on the 650 casefeeder and it wasn’t long enough when I decided to install the bulletfeeder between the two machines after receiving my 1100.

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/mrbulletfeeder-output-spring-and-extension-adaptor

image.jpeg.2275f75e0e227e0d30f10663dee80c00.jpeg

Edited by George16

George - Always loved the set up you used to have shown in that photo. Told myself if I ever set up my 650 beside my 1100 I would follow your design. 

Chapo - Pay attention to your spring size (small vs. large). The small diameter spring is designed for rifle size bullets and the large for pistol size bullets…..

1 hour ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

George - Always loved the set up you used to have shown in that photo. Told myself if I ever set up my 650 beside my 1100 I would follow your design. 

Yeah, that setup worked well for me. Sold the 650 and kept the 550B I bought from the Enos store 10 years ago. It’s setup for large primers to reload .308 and 6.5CM while the 1100 had been upgraded with a MK7 for processing and reloading 9mm and .223.

I have my presses close enough together for the bullet feeder to work on both while still hanging from the case feeder on the 650.

(I know, it looks silly with the spring bending like that, but it actually works better than "how it should be". I never failed and I have never had a double feed of the bullet die because it didn't reset.)

image.thumb.png.18c8b6210fdd3e8971af6c4f4d9f309b.png

Depending on your bullet profile changing over bullets/calibers can be a bit of a pain, for my flatnose bullets I have to get the nose feeder in the bullet feeder just right.

DAA just came out with this which may be a great time saver:  Mr.BulletFeeder Pre-Set Nose-Guide (doublealpha.biz)

Edited by xrayfk05

Mee too.  Who would have thought that about pringles cans.  I hate when the powder canister stains.

Sigarms, will def BOLO the spring diameters.  Thanks.

Thinking if I put the 1100 on the left and the 750 on the right, I can probably just hang it (on the 1100)and with a longer spring reach the 750