Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lok brass vs G10 grip friction

crg

I'm going to order a set of grips for my new gun this week. I have a set of G10 palm swell bogies on my current fun. I'm thinking about trying the Lok brass grips but they look much less aggressively textured than the G10 grips. Can anyone who has used both provide some info on how they feel as far as friction goes compared to the G10 options? Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My experience is the brass grips are less aggressive than a fresh set of bogies, but the G10 grips start to round off fairly quickly and end up around the same aggressiveness as the brass grips. It's a different feel though because the brass grips have a much finer checker/point pattern. 

Great, thanks for the help. I think I'll try the brass grips then. I noticed the same with my G10 grips, they were really aggressive at first but they did wear down a bit.

4 minutes ago, goshimu said:

Brass is more aggressive and I too feel the g10 does wear down in sharpness.

I will be replacing some g10’s with more brass palm swells soon.

Lok is running a 20% off sale for black friday, good chance to pick them up at a discount.

image.png.40626055b06662ae47ef5dbf56556cc1.png

19 hours ago, WYgunner said:

Why not get the best of both worlds and get brass grips with g10 inserts?

I’ve handled them too. Definitely nice. 

of all the grips I prefer the brass aggressive palm swells.

g10 important to keep them dry and without oil it makes a noticeable difference.

very good traction and feel when they are.

I ordered a set of the aggressive bronze palm swell grips and already have a set of G10 bogies so I'll see which I like more. If the brass are more aggressive then I personally don't see much benefit in the G10 inserts but I'll see after comparing them back to back.

51 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

If you want aggressive get the patroit defense brass grips. Hands down the most aggressive and best grips on the market. 

Thanks for the tip. I ordered a set of Lok grips during the sale so I'll give those a try first. It looks like the patriot defense palm swell grips have a significantly different profile (fatter toward the backstrap than Lok that taper down thinner there). It would be interesting to try them both back to back.

15 hours ago, crg said:

Thanks for the tip. I ordered a set of Lok grips during the sale so I'll give those a try first. It looks like the patriot defense palm swell grips have a significantly different profile (fatter toward the backstrap than Lok that taper down thinner there). It would be interesting to try them both back to back.

They definitely look like the swell is much lower than the Lok version, which I have and really like. For my large hands, I don't think that the PD ones would fit my grip very well.

On 11/28/2022 at 10:41 PM, goshimu said:

I’ve handled them too. Definitely nice. 

of all the grips I prefer the brass aggressive palm swells.

g10 important to keep them dry and without oil it makes a noticeable difference.

very good traction and feel when they are.

One thing I will add is g10 performs best when dry and free of any oils.

I've had the same experience with my G10 palm swells from Lok becoming less "grippy" over time.

Another of the guys at the club has a shadow 2 set up identically to mine with the exception of brass grips. I liked the way the texture felt a lot more, but I wasn't sure on the weight. Didn't love it all that much, but since I haven't shot it with that extra weight, maybe I'll try it next time Lok has a sale.

17 minutes ago, VeilAndrew said:

I've had the same experience with my G10 palm swells from Lok becoming less "grippy" over time.

Another of the guys at the club has a shadow 2 set up identically to mine with the exception of brass grips. I liked the way the texture felt a lot more, but I wasn't sure on the weight. Didn't love it all that much, but since I haven't shot it with that extra weight, maybe I'll try it next time Lok has a sale.

Lok offers reduced weight brass or aluminum grips with the same texture 

2 hours ago, VeilAndrew said:

Oh shoot that's right. Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to shoot my buddy's with the brass grips and make a decision if it's even worth spending more money. Lol.

The aluminum are cheaper than brass by a wide margin and only $10 more than g10

2 hours ago, RGC said:

I just ordered my 3rd set of the Lok Brass with G10 inserts....this set is for a new S2 OR...love them!

I'm waiting for they day they do the combo in palmswells, I like my current brass +g10 grips, butprefer the palmswells

15 hours ago, Arcrunner said:

I'm waiting for they day they do the combo in palmswells, I like my current brass +g10 grips, butprefer the palmswells

agree the current brass + g10 are great but idk why they haven't made a palmswell version yet. Would be a hit IMO