Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Two Rival Problems

GigG

1.  It seems one of the helicoils in the #02 Optic plate seems to be set in deeper than the other.  A slightly longer screw will fix the problem but did anyone else notice this?

2. (AND THIS IS THE BIGGER PROBLEM). I shot a match this weekend and got a number of light strikes with FTF.  This same batch of CCI primed ammo has never been a problem with a Glock 34.5.  All factory springs in the Rival.

7 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Some thoughts:

Is the extractor holding the case against the breech face ?

What is the crimp on the 9mm ?

If you drop a round into the chamber is it going in too far (too much crimp) ?

I'll have to check the other two at home tonight buy crimp is 0.3795.

Is it stock or did you change springs?

their optic plate sucks. The disruptive defense plate is way better. Sits much lower. They’re out of stock right now though. I’m waitlisted for one for my black rival. 

55 minutes ago, TheChef1 said:

Is it stock or did you change springs?

their optic plate sucks. The disruptive defense plate is way better. Sits much lower. They’re out of stock right now though. I’m waitlisted for one for my black rival. 

I use the Fasttoys plate on all of my Rivals. Got Cmore on 2 and a alpha 3 fit perfect.

7 hours ago, TheChef1 said:

Any idea if they have an SRO plate?

It looks the same height as the stock plate.

DD is having a black Friday blem sale in a few days. Can try then.

Maybe I'm just used to shooting open dots, but a few mm of height makes no difference to me.

19 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

Some thoughts:

Is the extractor holding the case against the breech face ?

What is the crimp on the 9mm ?

If you drop a round into the chamber is it going in too far (too much crimp) ?

As mentioned the crimp is  0.3795

Extractor seems to be doing it's job well.

And CHamber is normal. 

4 hours ago, lroy said:

Maybe I'm just used to shooting open dots, but a few mm of height makes no difference to me.

Yeah I marked my calendar for their blem sale. Hopefully the B plate is available. I'm coming from Irons so the height bugs me. I
 could probably get used to it but if I can solve the iue easily why bother. Plus I like the SRO better. 

6 hours ago, GigG said:

Stock

Your OAL should be good. You need to make sure those primers are seated as deep as you can get them. They need to be below flush with the end of the case. Especially with using harder cup primers like CCI. As far as the FTF, if it is happening on the first round from the mag running 23+1 then it is because the next round has too much tension on the bottom of the slide. I have to cut a coil on the mag spring to run 23+1 reliably. If I don’t, it will not feed the next round. Hope that helps.

Edited by ngodwetrust21

13 minutes ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

Your OAL should be good. You need to make sure those primers are seated as deep as you can get them. They need to be below flush with the end of the case. Especially with using harder cup primers like CCI. As far as the FTF, if it is happening on the first round from the mag running 23+1 then it is because the next round has too much tension on the bottom of the slide. I have to cut a coil on the mag spring to run 23+1 reliably. If I don’t, it will not feed the next round. Hope that helps.

The FTF in this case is Failure to Fire and it is the light strike issue.  Feeding is fine.

Are you getting 23 rounds into a 144mm mag?  The most I can get in there with the TF +4 is the expected 22.

1 minute ago, GigG said:

The FTF in this case is Failure to Fire and it is the light strike issue.  Feeding is fine.

Are you getting 23 rounds into a 144mm mag?  The most I can get in there with the TF +4 is the expected 22.

I can get 23 in all the mags with the grams follower and spring, the problem is getting it to run reliably. I have one mag where I have the spring cut when I need to run 23 in the mag. The rest I just run 22 in.

6 hours ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

I can get 23 in all the mags with the grams follower and spring, the problem is getting it to run reliably. I have one mag where I have the spring cut when I need to run 23 in the mag. The rest I just run 22 in.

I'm running grams springs and followers with both henning and TF brass basepads. Im getting 23 reliable so far but ive only shot one match with them. I was running grams guts and a CZ 75 base pad for 24 in the mag before the right base pads came in. SHHHH dont tell my club. 

8 hours ago, TheChef1 said:

I'm running grams springs and followers with both henning and TF brass basepads. Im getting 23 reliable so far but ive only shot one match with them. I was running grams guts and a CZ 75 base pad for 24 in the mag before the right base pads came in. SHHHH dont tell my club. 

You got 24+1 with CZ baseplates?

42 minutes ago, lroy said:

You got 24+1 with CZ baseplates?

Yeah but they look to be slightly longer than 140mm although I dont have a proper gauge. Not noticeable unless you bust out a gauge though. fit and funtion was perfect.

39 minutes ago, TheChef1 said:

Yeah but they look to be slightly longer than 140mm although I dont have a proper gauge. Not noticeable unless you bust out a gauge though. fit and funtion was perfect.

TF Brass CZ plates? A few of my friends run them. Now I'm curious on the length

On 11/22/2022 at 7:41 AM, lroy said:

I really like the look of those plates. Thanks for the tip.

• 2 months later...

A new shooter here had at least three light strike misfires in a nearly new Canik.   

Ammo was factory Blazer Brass.

This had to be discouraging to our novice, but fortunately there was another Canik shooter in the group and they swapped around for the rest of the match.  He is an experienced shooter and tinkerer and offered to to respring and check out the gun for the new Lady.