Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best BERETTA 92/M9 series UPGRADES?

MuayThaiJJ

Hey guys,

I am going into the Beretta platform, finally. It was actually the first handgun I ever picked up at the age of 12, and never really got to know them. I am coming from a 1911, 2011, CZ, and Tanfoglio background, and love improving all my toys.

From what I have researched these are the essential upgrades:

1. M-Carbo Pro Trigger Spring Kit
  2. Langdon Optimized Trigger Bar
  3. Beretta Match or Elite II Hammer
  4. Wilson Combat short-reach trigger

Anything else? And does anyone know if the 92X Series XL Safety Assembly would work with a M9A1? Or if anyone makes a nice big mouth magwell for the 92/M9 series frame? Also It looks like that 92X red dot mount is a railway mount, so it should work with the M9A1, right?

Experienced Beretta shooters and tinkerers please chime in.

Thanks!
N

Edited by MuayThaiJJ

• 2 weeks later...

I add the 

# C5J480

Competition, Clay Shooting, Tactical Shooter

Competition Self-Locking Disassembly Lever for 90 series Full Size

$65.00 t

from Beretta to my guns. Fits older Taurus 99/99 as well. Not really for recoil control, but a great crutch for indexing. Doesn't stick out far, but enough for my little hands to get on.

• 2 weeks later...

Might be late here but instead of going for a mixed bag of parts go with the Langdon Trigger Job in a bag.  You can add the short reach trigger at the same time.

I went the individual parts route wasnt 100% thrilled, then replaced it with the trigger job in a bag.  I also changed out the factory grips for Ergo grips.  Turned out about the same thickness but grips better.

My only complaint is it is under weight for Service pistol.  I think changing out the trigger return spring would fix that.