Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 2.0 in carry optics

Raz22582

I know a lot of people in my area have gone to metal guns for “recoil control”. I think It’s not the cool gun to have now. The best advice I’ve gotten is pick one and practice. An M&P is more then capable of winning the nationals just like a Glock or Sig or CZ. Pick the one you like. 

I started with a 2.0 4.25” performance center with a timny trigger and milled for a holoson.  
That being said I’m shooting a tanfoglio now ..  I switched after I shot my buddy’s q5 steel frame. I don’t think that I shoot so much better with the tanfo then my M&p… I just like the feel of metal guns better, and the trigger of a hammer gun. The M&p was my first pistol.  My tanfo was my 3rd 

• 2 weeks later...

For Carry Optics purposes, the M&P Core is every much the equal of the Sig P320 XFive. But when you add a one pound frame to the equation as in the Legion, you get more hit factor for your gun. S&W has wonderful ergos in the M&P 2.0 series but it's not yet coupled to a frame that gives a 45 oz gun that would be competitive with the most popular guns in the division. My guess is that S&W has enough market in the government and domestic civilian sectors to not have to take semiauto racegun manufacturing too seriously.

There was a time I thought a heavier gun was an advantage. Then I watched Dave Sevigney win the limited nationals with a Glock 35. No frame weight, mag well, or flashlight. Also shooting major. Now I know I’m not on Dave’s level but weight is not everything. If you believe it’s an advantage then it is because you believe it. But either setup can win with practice.