Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New checkmate ?

Superkaratemonkeyfighter

1 hour ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

It’s is strange they would come out with another TS2 before updating the checkmate. 
but finally they are putting a bull barrel in competition guns ….. 15years late but still good. 
they were dead set on bull barrels I wonder what changed there minds. 

They waited to get free good ideas from the forum people. Because this factory is known for its stinginess.😉

CZ is a business, they are only going to make major changes if they can justify it with increased sales amongst the general population or if their market share/reputation is obviously dropping from their offerings being out of date. Their design changes will be tailored to make manufacture easier, even if it's sub-optimal from the competition shooter's perspective. The last count for USPSA members was just short of 35k vs ~80M gun owners in the US, even though the former group collectively will probably put more rounds through TSOs and Czechmates than anyone else. The Czechmate in particular is a low-volume gun for them so they aren't going to move mountains to get the new shiny model released just to sell a few hundred or low thousands a year vs tens of thousands of shiny SP-01 Competitions. 

When they do release the 2.0 it's almost certainly still going to need some attention because CZ will cut corners to make manufacturing cheaper/simpler. Up until the TSO2 announcement my expectation was that it'd be a pretty meaningless update like the TS2, but TSO2 makes me slightly more optimistic that a CM2 could have some meaningful design changes. 

While I have argued the TS, especially if modified, is a superior gun for USPSA Limited (over a 2011), the same cannot be argued for a CM.  There are just too many compromises, and too few options.  I know four people who started with CMs and switched to 2011s for Open.  None switched back.  Also, I only know of one shooter who switched from a 1911/2011 format to CZ.  I sold him all my CZ Open stuff.

He switched for the same reason I did.  He had a bunch of CZs and had trouble switching back and forth from CZ to 2011.  I was the opposite.

I started shooting USPSA in Limited with a stock TS.  Later, I had it Cajunized and customized.  I loved that pistol.  When I could no longer shoot Limited, even with cheaters, I decided to move to Open.  I don't share the majority sentiment that 40sw is no good for Open major.  Bunk.  So I bought an Open upper from Professor Atlas.  I spent a lot of time experimenting and developing loads for it.  Different comps, different this and that.  I finally determined it was never going to work to my satisfaction, so I bought a used 2011 Open is 40sw.  It was an eye opening experience.  Half a season later I was sure I'd stick with 2011s.  I bought another used 2011 Open gun in 40sw as a backup.  I'd still be shooting them today if it were not for my distain for separate barrels and comps.  I HATED re-Loctiting and clocking them a couple of times a season, or after EVERY Monster match.  Now, if it is not a one-piece barrel/comp, I won't shoot it for Open.

49 minutes ago, Guitarmageddon said:

Lol not trying to stir the pot. maybe a power factor/honesty thing?

No. He’s talking about being able to see the sights and switching to an optic. I went to open for the same reason

5 hours ago, zzt said:

While I have argued the TS, especially if modified, is a superior gun for USPSA Limited (over a 2011), the same cannot be argued for a CM.  There are just too many compromises, and too few options.  I know four people who started with CMs and switched to 2011s for Open.  None switched back.  Also, I only know of one shooter who switched from a 1911/2011 format to CZ.  I sold him all my CZ Open stuff.

He switched for the same reason I did.  He had a bunch of CZs and had trouble switching back and forth from CZ to 2011.  I was the opposite.

I started shooting USPSA in Limited with a stock TS.  Later, I had it Cajunized and customized.  I loved that pistol.  When I could no longer shoot Limited, even with cheaters, I decided to move to Open.  I don't share the majority sentiment that 40sw is no good for Open major.  Bunk.  So I bought an Open upper from Professor Atlas.  I spent a lot of time experimenting and developing loads for it.  Different comps, different this and that.  I finally determined it was never going to work to my satisfaction, so I bought a used 2011 Open is 40sw.  It was an eye opening experience.  Half a season later I was sure I'd stick with 2011s.  I bought another used 2011 Open gun in 40sw as a backup.  I'd still be shooting them today if it were not for my distain for separate barrels and comps.  I HATED re-Loctiting and clocking them a couple of times a season, or after EVERY Monster match.  Now, if it is not a one-piece barrel/comp, I won't shoot it for Open.

Is the loose comp issue a .40 thing? Sounds like a gun thing. I had a comp keep coming loose on my 9MAJOR several years ago but that was because of a junk Briley barrel. Both gun’s comps have not loosened since.

7 hours ago, Sarge said:

Is the loose comp issue a .40 thing? Sounds like a gun thing. I had a comp keep coming loose on my 9MAJOR several years ago but that was because of a junk Briley barrel. Both gun’s comps have not loosened since.

No.  The comp and barrel threads were perfectly mated.  No wobble at all.  I think the issue was with threaded bull barrels and comps.  The threads are in a high heat zone.  Eventually, the red Loctite breaks down.  It broke down after every monster match.  Ripping off 64 shots like a machine gun on a stage really heats things up.  Same thing happened to my buddy shooting 9 major.  Interestingly, the Open gun with the cone comp never shot loose.