Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which company to mill a Shadow 2 slide?

M1911

1 hour ago, crg said:

I'm going with CZC because they offer a plate system in case you don't want to commit to just one footprint.

I specifically don’t want a plate system — more potential points of failure and it puts the red dot higher over the bore. I understand the reasons why someone would want one, but for me the RMR footprint is fine. 

I have one done by Primary Machine and sent them another a few weeks ago.  Most of the local guys I know who shoot CZ's and have had milling done used them and all had good things to say.

Edited by fbzero

4 hours ago, M1911 said:

I specifically don’t want a plate system — more potential points of failure and it puts the red dot higher over the bore. I understand the reasons why someone would want one, but for me the RMR footprint is fine. 

100% understand your reasoning, but also just wanted to note that the CZc plate system slides in from the side, so basically like a large dovetail mount. Pretty cool, IMO. Sorry just wanted to bring that up.

I would go impact machine as well. Would normally recommend fire 4 effect, thet mill so low they need a relief for the SRO lens. But I believe they are closed up. 

On 11/18/2022 at 12:44 AM, TheChef1 said:

Anyone use stone bridge? $134 bucks and they milk it super deep. They also put a relief cut in the slide under the lense of the SRO 

Yes on a p10-f and a shadow 2 Vince at stonebridge is awesome to talk too and work is amazing

• 1 month later...