Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM Springer Precision Trigger Kit - Striker Reset Issue

matteekay

Hey all,

I just installed a Springer Precision trigger kit and aluminum trigger in my 5.25" XDM. I fit the kit per the guidelines in their video and it passed all function checks while unloaded.

I took it to the range for the first time tonight and was having intermittent striker reset issues. The gun would cycle and strip a new round every time but, about 20-30% of the time, the striker wouldn't reset and lock into place. I could correct it by partially racking the slide.

I'm certain there's something I didn't fit or install right but I'm not sure what I should be looking at. Any thoughts are appreciated!

26 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

Check the roll pin, firing pin retaining pin, If you dry fire alot they will break,, also can get crudded up. After market solid pins are available. Might as well change it now anyways. 

Changed it right before I put the trigger in. Thanks, though!

Quick update: I talked to someone from Springer today (nice folks). The thought is either the sear is binding slightly or the trigger bar is dragging on the sear, preventing it from returning consistently and catching the striker. I don't think it's the former as the sear rattles freely when all springs are removed. The trigger bar idea might hold water, though. I checked the replacement bar against the factory one and the "hook" section that interfaces with the sear sits significantly prouder than factory bar when laid side-by-side. I thinned this area with a file and reinstalled the bar. I also put the factory weight sear spring back in - I can barely notice a difference when running the trigger and I'll take a little extra reliability wherever I can find it. I should be able to get back to the range in the next few days and I'll test it out.

• 3 weeks later...