Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ready to take the jump


Cowboy_Ninja
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’ve been shooting open for about a year. Using a czechmate it’s been super reliable for me. My question is, is a 2011 open gun that much better to justify the cost. I’m to the point I would like a back up gun. Do I step into a 2011? Do I buy another Cz? 
 

Also I’m a B class shooter I understand Indian and the arrow. But if there is something I’m missing with a 2011 since I’m buying another I don’t want to miss out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Cowboy_Ninja said:

I’ve been shooting open for about a year. Using a czechmate it’s been super reliable for me. My question is, is a 2011 open gun that much better to justify the cost. I’m to the point I would like a back up gun. Do I step into a 2011? Do I buy another Cz? 
 

Also I’m a B class shooter I understand Indian and the arrow. But if there is something I’m missing with a 2011 since I’m buying another I don’t want to miss out. 

The biggest differences are:

 

Trigger reset-extremely shorter than any other platform. Also, you can go many different ways with grip sizes and textures.

 

Magazines-you can load a lot longer length ammo. There are also a few good reliable brands of magazines out there.

 

Powders-lots more options available since you can load longer OAL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Go 2011 and don't look back.  It's what a majority run because it's the best platform with greater available support.  Also if your gun, mags, or other have issues at a major you're more likely to be able to borrow gear or whatever to keep you going in an emergency. I squad with a group that all runs the same platforms and it can definetly make life easier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jim vaughan said:

At least one of the open class world IPSC champions does not shoot a 2011.

If it fits you and works continue. Spend your money on ammo and training.

 

Division not class. And if you are referring to EG, he would be world champion with any platform.  He gets paid well to shoot what he shoots.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started on a Czechmate. Moved to 2011 when I broke the recoil lug on the CZ barrel, with the idea that I'll use the Czechmate as backup. Turns out that was a logistical nightmare because.

  1. need two complete rigs.
  2. need two sets of mags.
  3. coming up with ammo that works well in both guns is a PITA

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zdali said:

I started on a Czechmate. Moved to 2011 when I broke the recoil lug on the CZ barrel, with the idea that I'll use the Czechmate as backup. Turns out that was a logistical nightmare because.

  1. need two complete rigs.
  2. need two sets of mags.
  3. coming up with ammo that works well in both guns is a PITA

 

Did you prefer the 2011 over the Cz? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Cowboy_Ninja said:

Did you prefer the 2011 over the Cz? 

I do, yes. Better parts availability, more rounds in the mag, and most importantly, can load longer OAL. Personally, I've had no issues with CZ 170mm mags, but plenty of shooters around here did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zdali said:

I do, yes. Better parts availability, more rounds in the mag, and most importantly, can load longer OAL. Personally, I've had no issues with CZ 170mm mags, but plenty of shooters around here did.

I’ve had my Cz reamed so I load out to 1.75oal easily. My 170s with czc basepads and grams springs feed 28 reliable. 
 

a lot of good reason to switch tho. Now to decide on a builder

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Kwontanamo said:

2011! The ones I’ve seen that are affordable and ready and out of the box are BUL and Masterpiece Arms. Both come with 2 magazines. 

BUL is another proprietary system.  There are plenty of other US custom manufacturers that are in this general price range.  For a custom non-production line gun too.  There are also plenty of gently used 2011 race guns made by those same custom shops out there for sale. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are probably terrabytes of threads on this very topic. 

 

2011 all day long. There's a solid learning curve already present in open.....the last thing you want to do is have to fart around with "why doesn't my gun work."

 

No brainer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I prefer it over my wife's czechmate.  We have two czechmates and using it for open never crossed my mind. 

I ran a CZ TSO for 2 years in limited.

Ran a modified TSO in open major for a year and swap to a 2011.  It's just a better platform for me.

 

2011 just feels better for me.

 

 

Edited by sandflea316
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been shooting my CM for a few years now and it's been very reliable once the mags were dealt with, but with MBX starting to produce cz mags maybe that's a non issue any longer.  I've struggled with he same issue, backup CM or try 2011.   but i don't feel the cz has held me back from getting better in any way, all my mistakes are my dumb fault.

 

Now i've never shot a 2011 on the clock but with my same 9major cartridge in my friend's full size 2011, the 2011 produced a more linear motion of the dot compared to my CM more erratic motion.  

 

I've read the cz action is quite a bit faster resulting in the less linear dot movement compared to 2011, though i have preferred the action of the cz over shorty 2011s every time.

 

i vastly prefer the cz over every 2011 in my hands, but if they perform better on the clock i'll make the change.   and with so many grip options now you can almost make a 2011 feel like a proper cz!

Edited by DavidSeavey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2022 at 7:11 PM, sandflea316 said:

I prefer it over my wife's czechmate.  We have two czechmates and using it for open never crossed my mind. 

I ran a CZ TSO for 2 years in limited.

Ran a modified TSO in open major for a year and swap to a 2011.  It's just a better platform for me.

 

2011 just feels better for me.

 

 

That how I ended up. Went from 2011 to TSO back to a 2011 in Limited. When I go to open, I'll probably stay with a 2011, just to stay the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...