Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Excessively Hard Shooting Challenges - MD's need to know the skill set of their customer base

CHA-LEE

Well, I don't know what kind of poppers these ro instructors are hawking, but if they are not quarter inch ar500 they're doing their students/purchasers and disservice

Edited by RJH

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/20/2022 at 2:53 PM, Racinready300ex said:

We have official match ammo (that doesn't need to make PF) why don't we have a list of official match poppers for level 2+ matches?

I've made this argument multiple times to NRIO, ADs, Past presidents and it always came back as it's not possible. Usually it's along the lines of it's unfair to force a club to buy a certain popper or we can't force them to buy from xyz company. My reply to that is simple. USPSA has a set of requirements for cardboard targets, and metal target shapes. Add how the popper functions to that requirement and the company's who make them will either follow it or loose the buisness. 

Some clubs are just simply lazy when it comes to steel targets in general. I have seen plenty of poppers that are so bent over that shrapnel is going to come back at the shooters no matter where they shoot it. 

Staff should be the ONLY ones resetting any moving target. Sure you can spray paint the spots the stick goes, and explain/show everyone durrijg the WSB. But we all know most of the shooters are not paying attention to that at the time. They are going over stage plans, chatting, ect... so it's a pointless endeavor. Just have the ROs reset movers and steel. 

On 1/15/2023 at 9:43 PM, Bakerjd said:

I've made this argument multiple times to NRIO, ADs, Past presidents and it always came back as it's not possible. Usually it's along the lines of it's unfair to force a club to buy a certain popper or we can't force them to buy from xyz company. My reply to that is simple. USPSA has a set of requirements for cardboard targets, and metal target shapes. Add how the popper functions to that requirement and the company's who make them will either follow it or loose the buisness.

100% agree.  Pretty lame excuse if that's what you were told