Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

147s and cleanshot

Bakerjd

Well as the title says I'm getting ready to figure out a 9 minor load for 147s and clean shot powder. OAL is 1.100". Never used clean shot and haven't used 147s in a long time. Anyone have some good starting points? Looking for about a 130pf.

Well I changed it up slightly. Thought I had some SNS 147s.... I don't. I have 135s and 124s. I did happen to have a box of brass monkey 147s though. So I loaded 15 at 3.0gn amd 15 a 3.2gn. I will say I've never used a powder that was like little tiny balls before and it loads quite well. 

3 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Well I changed it up slightly. Thought I had some SNS 147s.... I don't. I have 135s and 124s. I did happen to have a box of brass monkey 147s though. So I loaded 15 at 3.0gn amd 15 a 3.2gn. I will say I've never used a powder that was like little tiny balls before and it loads quite well. 

You should try H380 for rifle. That stuff is tiny, tiny and rolls all over. 🤣

Name: 9mm: 147gr: Cleanshot 3.5gr: Mixed Case: OAL 1.140
Notes: Para 1911 5"
Shots: 7
Average: 901 ft/s
SD: 12 ft/s
Min: 874 ft/s
Max: 912 ft/s
Spread: 38 ft/s
Power Factor Average: 132
Power Factor Low: 128
Power Factor High: 134
Barometric Pressure: 30 in Hg
Temperature: 68 F
Weight: 147.0 gr.
Powder: Cleanshot 3.5gr
Case: Mixed
Primer: Rem SPP
Bullet: 147gr
Gun: Para 5" 1911

So 3.0gn cleanshot, ginex spp, 1.10 OAL, BMB 147gn bullets out of a brand new canik rival is 130pf average of 10 rounds.

Same load except 3.2gn amd it was 136pf. 

Since I'm a bit lazy I'm going to load the rest of the 1000 rounds at 3.1 and do some drills and hopefully an indoor match amd see if I like this gun or not. So far it is really really nice shooting. 

• 1 month later...

Loaded about 3k rounds after getting a load worked up for my Tanfo Stock 2 and CZ A01LD. 3.2GN, 1.130 OAL, BMB 147s, ginex spp. Right at 130PF for the stock 2 so probably about 132-135pf in the A01LD. Shoots soft, flat, almost no smoke at all. Does seem to leave a slight bit more gunk in the gun then ramshot comp but that could also be me just not cleaning guns a whole lot. It meters damn well too. I have to say as much as I love ramshot comp I may continue to use this. It is harder to find it seems though.