Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W Two-Piece Barrel article

Tampa-XD45

TXD:

It was a problem with me and my TRR-8.  Barrel would loosen up in a couple hundred rounds or less.

I solved it by buying a wrench made to tighten the barrel on the TRR-8 and used Lock Tite on the threads.  Has worked fine since then.

Am surprised yours hasn't loosened up. 

The wrench was something like $40.00 and you probably won't use it a lot if you Lock Tite the barrel.  It is probably worth having for a TRR-8.

GG

9 hours ago, Petrov said:

how come my Dan Wesson doesnt come loose after thousands of rounds?

PT:

I do not know but tightening the barrel and Blue Lock Tite solved my issue with the TRR-8.

Too bad DW apparently couldn't compete for what ever reason.  I understand they were bought by CZ and make 1911's.  

Wish I would have bought one when they were available.

GG

1 hour ago, gargoil66 said:

PT:

I do not know but tightening the barrel and Blue Lock Tite solved my issue with the TRR-8.

Too bad DW apparently couldn't compete for what ever reason.  I understand they were bought by CZ and make 1911's.  

Wish I would have bought one when they were available.

GG

They were niche silhouette guns with mediocre DA and excellent SA and accuracy. Mine makes ragged holes at 50 yards in a ransom rest.  

11 hours ago, Petrov said:

They were niche silhouette guns with mediocre DA and excellent SA and accuracy. Mine makes ragged holes at 50 yards in a ransom rest.  

PT:

Always liked their looks and size.  Bet they made fine silhouette revolvers.  I did some with my 8 3/8 inch M-29 and it worked but was not competitive.  I doubt it would take the abuse needed for silhouette shooting like a DW apparently can.  Like a lot of shooting sports, my interest in metallic silhouette shooting ended because of a lack of ranges where I was stationed.

Looked up prices of DW's and it seems that they are around $900.00 but with only one barrel.  Not that interested right now.  Besides, I never really liked that Creedmoor Position too much and it seemed like a guy needed trouser legs made from that thick burn proof material in those mitts we used to remove hot MG barrels to let them cool.  I think guys used coffee cans to keep their pant legs from getting shredded from the gas escaping from the cylinder gap?  Ha!  Haven't seen a large coffee can made of metal for decades!

One thing about this forum is that it does jog the memory.

Ransom Rest -- am jealous.  Wonder if they are still in 'bidness'.

GG

Edited by gargoil66