Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PROPOSALS FOR THE 2022 IPSC ASSEMBLY

Blackstone45

Don't think this has been discussed, but here are the proposed rule updates for IPSC https://ipsc.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/2022-IPSC-Rules-Committee-Proposals.pdf

In Production, it looks like they're tightening down slightly on aftermarket triggers. No more weighted mag basepads either.

Production Optics is going to be officially approved, and PDOL is getting binned.

Edited by Blackstone45

The proposal remove the wording on trigger springs but add new sub-rules that allows for after-market triggers. In Production Optics they are also allowing some milling of the slide to accommodate after-market mounting plates. This is a necessary change as not all manufacturers make mounting plates for every available red-dot, so this gives some more flexibility and choice to the competitor.

The proposals seem to bounce between center-fire and action-air in some cases. Not sure if this has been typed up right or not.

I’m not surprised that Production Optics Light is on the chopping block, I’ve posted about that before.

I wonder if we will see some participation numbers on the ProdOptics division, my guess it’s easily in the top four divisions already.

Open and Standard are proposed to have maximum magazine capacity’s at 28 and 18 respectively.

This is going to be a long meeting…..

I hope all the Prod and ProdOptics changes go into effect as I think that rule-set is better than USPSA. though I still think that IPSC will have to look into a StandardOptics division before much longer. It might be worth having a provisional one to test the waters.

Edited by BritinUSA

They want to make 45's obsolete in classic division. Dumbest s#!t I've ever heard.

Appendix D3: Classic Division 19. Magazines accessible to a competitor during a COF must not contain more than 8 9 rounds (for Major power factor) or 10 rounds (for Minor power factor) at the Start Signal

7 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

The proposal remove the wording on trigger springs but add new sub-rules that allows for after-market triggers. In Production Optics they are also allowing some milling of the slide to accommodate after-market mounting plates. This is a necessary change as not all manufacturers make mounting plates for every available red-dot, so this gives some more flexibility and choice to the competitor.

The proposals seem to bounce between center-fire and action-air in some cases. Not sure if this has been typed up right or not.

I’m not surprised that Production Optics Light is on the chopping block, I’ve posted about that before.

I wonder if we will see some participation numbers on the ProdOptics division, my guess it’s easily in the top four divisions already.

Open and Standard are proposed to have maximum magazine capacity’s at 28 and 18 respectively.

This is going to be a long meeting…..

I hope all the Prod and ProdOptics changes go into effect as I think that rule-set is better than USPSA. though I still think that IPSC will have to look into a StandardOptics division before much longer. It might be worth having a provisional one to test the waters.

I don't really understand why they want to restrict aftermarket triggers/hammers for production. As I understand it, if the manufacturer doesn't offer say a flat trigger for your gun, then you can't fit an aftermarket flat trigger either?

They just threw a potential spanner into the works days before the WS

May be an image of text that says "International Practical Shooting Confederation Office Bunyola, Marratxi, Mallorca, Spain Km6,2 Marratxi, Mallorca, Spain GAISF A.MS Friedrich Gepperth Secretary Technical Director Grip panels allowed Production Division and Production Optics Division Dear Ladies Gentlemen, order Shadow clarify the question about legality of Shadow SP01 and Tanfoglio models decision panels panels These manufacturers: panels which are legal besides use and general available from Toni System (Models HighGrip, Vibram following Model (small, medium, large models). word "aftermarket" different holes. models rubber), approval and models example grip panels with access other factory made aftermarket pictures and Kind want time Friedrich Gepperth PARTNER 한이다물 MISiA"

It's not clear whether only those aftermarket grips are legal, or if they are explicitly making a ruling on those grips. Quite a lot of people are now worried that their LOK grips, for example, are not legal.

3 hours ago, Blackstone45 said:

They just threw a potential spanner into the works days before the WS

May be an image of text that says "International Practical Shooting Confederation Office Bunyola, Marratxi, Mallorca, Spain Km6,2 Marratxi, Mallorca, Spain GAISF A.MS Friedrich Gepperth Secretary Technical Director Grip panels allowed Production Division and Production Optics Division Dear Ladies Gentlemen, order Shadow clarify the question about legality of Shadow SP01 and Tanfoglio models decision panels panels These manufacturers: panels which are legal besides use and general available from Toni System (Models HighGrip, Vibram following Model (small, medium, large models). word "aftermarket" different holes. models rubber), approval and models example grip panels with access other factory made aftermarket pictures and Kind want time Friedrich Gepperth PARTNER 한이다물 MISiA"

It's not clear whether only those aftermarket grips are legal, or if they are explicitly making a ruling on those grips. Quite a lot of people are now worried that their LOK grips, for example, are not legal.

Apparently a revised list of acceptable manufacturers is being issued on Monday and LOK will be on the list.

A reminder from the forum guidelines:

Restricted Content
Politics
Policy and political discussions or debates of any kind - even if you consider your opinions to be "facts" - are not welcome anywhere in the forum.
Specifically including (but not limited to):
• USPSA vs IPSC